Status
Not open for further replies.

Cr@sh

The Crystal ball Knows ?
I was at Andrews place (Advanced marine aquatics) when the two guys that worked there came in saying, they closed and were looking for another job. I gave another kid that works there some free frags the day before cause, I felt sorry for the way Allan would sell him stuff at no discount. I like Allan and know him from pets down the road. It's not his first pet shop he owned and closed. I wish him the best in the future. I'm still wondering what will happen to the live and dry inventory he has? Shame he's closed.

Last edited:

jd371

Experienced Reefer
What!!! No way. I would go to that shop a few times a month. It's one of the 3 shops near my work I could stop in if I needed anything.

Heard they closed for good. Sad news. I hate when LFS close. I try too support my LFS when I can instead of ordering online due too this reason. You may pay a little more than online sometimes, but there is nothing like having one close by in case of emergency reasons. Well despite the sad news, they say when one door closes in life another one opens. I had found my next go too spot in Albertson and couldn't be happier. The store is the new kid on the block and the owner is super knowledgable, prices good and live stock and corals are super healthy. Support your LFS so we won't loose any more stores around us guys. I would hate too travel too NJ. lol. Happy Reefing all
What's the name of the shop and address?

Cr@sh

The Crystal ball Knows ?
Owners name is Andrew or ask for Nick
Advanced Marine Aquatics
1083 Willis Ave Albertson NY 11507
Tuesday-Friday 11am-8pm
Saturday 11am-7pm
Sunday 12pm-6pm
Monday CLOSED
PARKING AND ENTRANCE IN REAR AND FRONT
516-801-4161

Cr@sh

The Crystal ball Knows ?
I'm still waiting to see what Allan's doing with the store. I went by today and the doors were closed.... no sign on door as to whats going on? Really sad to see this store go. The economy and times are hard for any new bizz, especially this small market we so fondly call reefing. Please support your local fish stores.... cause Jersey police don't like my long hair if they pull me over when shop there for fish. :teeth:
JD, you will enjoy meeting Andrew and Nick and find it really hard to not buy a bunch...I'm impulsive and really bite my lip contemplating. Enjoy your visit. :wink1:

Last edited:

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
I got in touch with alan this morning and unfortunately it sounded like hes done for good. Seems like he burned out from the hours he was working and not having reliable staff to help take some of the burden off his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: