lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u know what sp. That last deep water is??
What r ur thoughts on sps and LEDs? Do u run ulns?

Not sure on the last acros name,they often come without a name esp if its an acro that was not ordered,jas maybe able to find out.
LEDs is a hard one,not used them to date but have had a few customers and friends try to keep sps under them,one friend had a very large unit that used the same electric as a 400w halide,after many months trying to get his sps to do well he switched to 400w halides.The thing is that leds are being designed much better these days so i remain on the fence as to how sps will do under them long term,but at the moment i would prefer halides or T5s.The coral tanks are all well lit and well fed,sps 9 blocks of frozen fish food and at least 1 feed of coral food each day,coral vibrance for the corals.The lps and softs get 5 blocks of frozen fish food and 1 feed for the corals a day.The sps system has nitrates of about 2 and phosphates of around 0.015 to 0.02,we don't run any form of unls filtration but use the normal sump filled with algae,which struggles to grow to be honest.If you have more questions on the system please ask and i'll do my best to answer.

lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the great comments,here are two pics that are a little different from the normal ones i do but i thought ide add them as i like them lol.

Pic0006_S.jpg

Pic0014_S.jpg

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Frekin sweet beautiful stuff u guys have! Here's a question for u ! I bought a frag bout 4 months ago was a fresh cut off a lg wild colony that came in to a lfs rtn! So the frag had no polyp extention looked pretty cruddy but I decided too give it a shot it colored up a bit to a lighter brown lol but now has real nice polyp extention. So I'm wondering could the light brown just be the color of this coral or does it take longer to color! It is on my rack so maybe not enough light!

lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frekin sweet beautiful stuff u guys have! Here's a question for u ! I bought a frag bout 4 months ago was a fresh cut off a lg wild colony that came in to a lfs rtn! So the frag had no polyp extention looked pretty cruddy but I decided too give it a shot it colored up a bit to a lighter brown lol but now has real nice polyp extention. So I'm wondering could the light brown just be the color of this coral or does it take longer to color! It is on my rack so maybe not enough light!
Its possible its down to the lights,what lights do you run?,any chance of a picture of the coral?.

lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was just thinking,if any of you guys does have an sps tank that has been lit by leds for over a year,post up a pic on this thread,would be good to see how you are doing with the leds.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
My tank is LEDs ! Only have I phone pic but I'm happy with them If I could I'd run mh with led supplemental for blue ! Just not practical in 1 bedroom co op !
Will post pic when I get home ! Not working !

lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is LEDs ! Only have I phone pic but I'm happy with them If I could I'd run mh with led supplemental for blue ! Just not practical in 1 bedroom co op !
Will post pic when I get home ! Not working !
Its often the case over here in the Uk that halides are just not practical for lighting a tank for a number of reasons,often people over here opted for t5s instead,are leds more preferable to t5s in the states when not using halides?.
Will keep an eye out for pics of your acro.

lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do u guys have named sps over there?
We get to order the corals by name but find what comes is often different lol,this makes it hard because then we have to look up the coral to id it if someone wants its name,people over here are starting to give the more harder to get and colourful sps colourful names like the zoas names,which is cool.

lindsay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4a6c1460-7f9f-4065.jpg

Here is frag I was talking about

Best I could do on pics from I phone
You have some great looking corals in there,i think i would probably leave the acro where it is,there is a chance it will put on colour as it grows,moving it higher is the other option which may speed this up but it looks like a deep water acro and sometimes instead of colour increasing they can go pale,if you decide to put it higher it maybe a good idea to keep a close eye on it so if it does start to go pale you can put it back down.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: