tyrell30

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Take a look at my tank. tell me what you think.

pic1.jpg pic 2.jpg pic 3.jpg pic 1.jpg
pic 4.jpg

tyrell30

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
i acclimated them in a 10 gallon tankwhen water evaporated i added salt water from my marine tank. it took abut 6 weeks. i already knew they could acclimate to a marine enviorment i read it in a fish book.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
See I been saying that for years..you can easily acclimate probably any fish to live in different conditions. What does saltwater do for a fish? They don't need the salt there's no benefit to them it's just where they are. Look how many creatures have survived millions of years through different conditions. People say "your tank params should be here" Well guess what? Every body of water is completely different and is subject to change. I have talked about putting saltwater fish in a brackish tank and brackish in a salt tank and have done it. I had a damsel in my cichlid tank for a few months but he got destroyed he was doing fine though. You can also easily put a cichlid in saltwater like you see here. They also have fish like molly's adapted to saltwater they sell them in pet co and those are straight freshwater.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
See I been saying that for years..you can easily acclimate probably any fish to live in different conditions. What does saltwater do for a fish? They don't need the salt there's no benefit to them it's just where they are. Look how many creatures have survived millions of years through different conditions. People say "your tank params should be here" Well guess what? Every body of water is completely different and is subject to change. I have talked about putting saltwater fish in a brackish tank and brackish in a salt tank and have done it. I had a damsel in my cichlid tank for a few months but he got destroyed he was doing fine though. You can also easily put a cichlid in saltwater like you see here. They also have fish like molly's adapted to saltwater they sell them in pet co and those are straight freshwater.

Where is the work that supports your theory on the uselessness of salt in saltwater?

Just because some fish can be acclimated either way doesn't mean anything other than those fish are capable of acclimating to either environment. The rest is just a leap at best.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: