jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Looking to get a decent video camera. Not looking to go high end. I would like to stay around 300ish, maybe a little more. Something that would take a decent reef video. Thanks for any suggestions.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
I have both actually i bought the hd one first! Then i was so unhappy because i was using it to talk to my son and wife, i bought the 8910. Rather sacrifice a little quality for the good mic and pan and tilt function working properly

The non hd one I think 8910? It isn't as clear. But the mic works perfect and it pan and tilts very quickly and accurately.

The hd (9820 or 8920?)one the quality is only a little better. Very marginal. But I click the pan once and it turns a ridiculous amount or doesn't move at all. It is so annoying. I bought the hd on first and was so disappointed.

Ps. I have fios. It definitely is t the wifi bandwidth.

Last edited:
I have both actually i bought the hd one first! Then i was so unhappy because i was using it to talk to my son and wife, i bought the 8910. Rather sacrifice a little quality for the good mic and pan and tilt function working properly

The non hd one I think 8910? It isn't as clear. But the mic works perfect and it pan and tilts very quickly and accurately.

The hd (9820 or 8920?)one the quality is only a little better. Very marginal. But I click the pan once and it turns a ridiculous amount or doesn't move at all. It is so annoying. I bought the hd on first and was so disappointed.

Ps. I have fios. It definitely is t the wifi bandwidth.

Well then...thank you very much for the feedback!

I was considering the HD one as an upgrade for the regular one so I could get a clearer picture of my DT and use the lower quality one in my equipment area but now I guess I have to reconsider my options.

Have you tried or looking into any other cameras after your disappointment?

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Well then...thank you very much for the feedback!

I was considering the HD one as an upgrade for the regular one so I could get a clearer picture of my DT and use the lower quality one in my equipment area but now I guess I have to reconsider my options.

Have you tried or looking into any other cameras after your disappointment?

no I havent looked into an alternative. I have the HD one on my tank right now about 5 or 6 ft away. I put the HD one on my tank since i wasn't using it to see and communicate with my newborn and wife any longer. Im not impressed to be honest, it is better than the non hd foscam. Ill have the password valid until tonight 7PM. I guess it is good for a fish tank if you dont pan and tilt much and don't need the mic at all.

use internet explorer. others don't really work.

id :
PW:

P.S. I had a hard time finding an iphone app that ran the new foscam also. I wasted 5.99 on the "foscam" app that wasnt made by foscam and didnt support the new software. H.264.

Last edited:

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Snapshot of the video feed on my phone.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1364150139.516179.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1364150139.516179.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 143

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I forgot about this thread :) I am looking for something with an optical zoom so I can get close ups of polyps. I don't think foscam or go pro fit the bill?

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
sorry to change the subject but the song to this viddeo is kick a**. i used to listen to this song all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you looking for webcam or standalone?

The Logitech HD security ones are good however you can't get access to it without the iPhone app as the only downside.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: