PhoenixOne

"Drugs are bad...mmmkay!"
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I call him Hulk. He was the size of a dime 2 months ago. I think I saw him bench pressing one of my rocks. I haven't found any roid needles in the tank so I think he's all natural. He's got a brother who is catching up.

emeraldcraponroids_zpsb0f3b16d.jpg

mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
Yea you may want to find him and his brother a new home soon. The 3 I had in my tank were ripping my Palau nepthea apart when the lights turned off at night. I was able to move all 3. Now the nepthea is nice and happy again with full polyp extension.

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea you may want to find him and his brother a new home soon. The 3 I had in my tank were ripping my Palau nepthea apart when the lights turned off at night. I was able to move all 3. Now the nepthea is nice and happy again with full polyp extension.

How did you catch them? I have about 75 lbs of rock in there and as big as they are, they're quick and quickly dash into....their "gym". Lol. I got them to get rid of bubble algae. Not one of them (6) touched it. All they did was work out all day long.

mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
If you want them to eat the bubble algae you need to remove anything else they may eat in the tank. Basically put them in by them self.

As for removing them the nepthea is on a small rock so when they were on it eating it, all I had to do is remove the rock from the tank.

empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

+1. I saw mine destroy a poor harlequin shrimp.

mheaven

Master Member...
Rating - 98.3%
59   1   0
As I mention, for bubble algae they are great. I witness them remove 100% of bubble algae in my brothers 75g. His rock was covered, I mean you wouldn't want to take anything from that tank when he had it setup. He neglected it, I bought him 3 and within a few months it was all gone.
He never feed them all they had to eat was the algae. A friend of his took the rock and you wouldn't be able to tell it had all that algae.

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well it seems the ones I got don't like to do anything other than "pick things up and put them down". I guess it's hit or miss getting ones that actually get rid of bubble algae. I don't have much in the tank since Dinoflagellates killed off most of my corals.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
To catch a crab get a clean tall beer glass. Balance it upright against your aquascaping so it won't fall over and put a piece of raw shrimp or some other meaty tank friendly food in it. The crab will climb in to eat it and not be able to climb back out.
Rehome them to your sump or sell them to another reefer on here. Please do not destroy them :bigeyes:

PhoenixOne

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To catch a crab get a clean tall beer glass. Balance it upright against your aquascaping so it won't fall over and put a piece of raw shrimp or some other meaty tank friendly food in it. The crab will climb in to eat it and not be able to climb back out.
Rehome them to your sump or sell them to another reefer on here. Please do not destroy them :bigeyes:

Great idea! Thanks! Don't worry. I would never kill them. They never asked to be in my tank so it's not their fault. I am going to keep them for a while since I have nothing in the tank that they would damage at the moment. When I finally have my tank Dinoflagellates and bubble algae free and I'm able to start buying corals, I'll get rid of them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: