Status
Not open for further replies.

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
poto_banner_690x442.jpg

Google is generally very useful for all the knowledge we seek in this hobby. But when you are not in front of a computer, and see a fish you want in a store but don't know if you can keep, and the internet is spotty, or your phone's 3G connection is just too slow, you need something that provides detailed information and a clear photo quickly and easily.

Knowledge should be free for all. POTO's Guide is a FREE app dedicated to saltwater fish in marine and reef aquariums. Available now for both the iPhone and Android devices. (Keyword: POTO's Guide)

All photos are taken by Pieces of the Ocean. Information is procured from the latest published literature, with references so that you know the information you're getting is accurate.

Future updates will include more fish species, more photos per fish, and more information to help you become a more informed hobbyist.

Now, there is no more reason to not research before you buy your next fish. Anywhere, any time.

Last edited:

greybolt03

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Got it this afternoon saw your add on Facebook for it.. Great app..how easy is it for you toadd more fish? The only problem I see with it is not enough different kinds of fish in each category only the most common of each kind..

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Thanks everyone for downloading and your support.

Downloaded!
Thank you very much!

I would be happy to give you pictures of a few fish (fish that I have owned and photographed). PM me if you would like my photos.

Thank you for offering your photos. I will definitely get in touch when the need arises.

Got it this afternoon saw your add on Facebook for it.. Great app..how easy is it for you toadd more fish? The only problem I see with it is not enough different kinds of fish in each category only the most common of each kind..

Thanks for downloading. It's fairly easy. I started out with fish which I already had photos of, as well as fish commonly seen in stores first. I also understand people wanting to see the rare fish as well and those will be added as I am able to come upon one to photograph either by me acquiring it or from someone else's tank. There is also a plan to add inverts as well.

finksmart

SPS Fanatic
Vendor
Rating - 100%
268   0   0
Over 300 downloads in the first day of announcement exceeded my expectation for such a niche app.

Thanks everyone for spreading the word and the support!

And look, there are more reefers with iPhones than Android.

potostats.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: