CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Every company makes a mistake. I have to say that he is always there to answer questions and he refunded you what you spent. Saying you would not every buy from him again is a little over the top IMO. Have you ever gone to a restaurant and not gotten the best mean and then went back?

I look at this way. Reefcleaners always gives extras, they are very responsive to emails and take care of their customers even in your experience he refunded you your money. So that in itself shows that they are a good business and deserve a second chance. His animals beat out any other mail or place IMO.

Well, let me explain. I bought a baby achilles tang, and put him to quarantine. He was not eating, and I did some research and found that they eat red gracillaria, and it is commonly found where this species resides. I could not find any locally, SO, I decide to go on the net and look for some. I came across reef cleaners as a last resort, so I ordered from them, expecting it would come in a few days or so (as expected and stated on the website), Well, 2 and a half weeks later LATE (Please note, this is from the website: "Priority is estimated at 2-3 days."), and the achilles did not make it unfortunately during this time. Then when I dont need the algae anymore, the box arrives. I open it anyway, and see regular green macro.................

I can imagine if you were in my shoes, you would be pretty mad seeing a $200 fish going down the drain because of a mistake that should of never happened! And yes, I was not exaggerating when I said I will not order again...

Like I said, just putting my experience out there.

Last edited:

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Well, let me explain. I bought a baby achilles tang, and put him to quarantine. He was not eating, and I did some research and found that they eat red gracillaria, and it is commonly found where this species resides. I could not find any locally, SO, I decide to go on the net and look for some. I came across reef cleaners as a last resort, so I ordered from them, expecting it would come in a few days or so (as expected and stated on the website), Well, 2 and a half weeks later LATE (Please note, this is from the website: "Priority is estimated at 2-3 days."), and the achilles did not make it unfortunately during this time. Then when I dont need the algae anymore, the box arrives. I open it anyway, and see regular green macro.................

I can imagine if you were in my shoes, you would be pretty mad seeing a $200 fish going down the drain because of a mistake that should of never happened! And yes, I was not exaggerating when I said I will not order again...ever.

Like I said, just putting my experience out there.

I can understand that makes a lot of sense, being upset. But maybe a quick email to make sure that they had it in stock, or a quick note to them, that you need the stuff asap. I don't really think that you can blame the vendor for not having any in stock and it didn't get to you in time. And when they say 2-3 days it is transit time. I don't know if his site will allow you to purchase it if it is not in stock and that is something that they should correct.

While you can not purchase from anyone you wish, if you take your single experience out of the picture and kinda pretend that it didn't happen, there are really no other vendors out there with his pricing or products.

And I do not have any ties to reefcleaners. I just think they are a good company to deal it.

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
I can understand that makes a lot of sense, being upset. But maybe a quick email to make sure that they had it in stock, or a quick note to them, that you need the stuff asap. I don't really think that you can blame the vendor for not having any in stock and it didn't get to you in time. And when they say 2-3 days it is transit time. I don't know if his site will allow you to purchase it if it is not in stock and that is something that they should correct.

While you can not purchase from anyone you wish, if you take your single experience out of the picture and kinda pretend that it didn't happen, there are really no other vendors out there with his pricing or products.

And I do not have any ties to reefcleaners. I just think they are a good company to deal it.

Well, heres the thing: On the website, said "In stock"

Second, after writing numerous emails back and forth about the shipping, everything seemed to be fine, and he never emailed me saying it is not in stock. Usually a good company emails the customer saying that the item he/she ordered is not in stock. Wouldn't you agree? What really got me mad was that even after all the delay, all the trouble, I even got the wrong algae.

johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Sorry to hear about the green gracilaria instead of red gracilaria issue we had with that order. We are aware of the differences and definitely made a mistake there. If you would like to re-order the macroalgae, red gracilaria is in season now and we can send it out to you. Neither of our variations of the species of Gracilaria tikhavie is from the Pacific Ocean, (all of our macros are from Florida), but both are accepted by Tangs to some extent, ulva and fern caulerpa would be their first choice though.

Sorry again for the mistake! If we haven't issued you a full refund for the product and shipping let me know and we will correct that. We had asked to ID it b/c you had mentioned that you had received some green macro you weren't familiar with. When red gracilaria dies it goes yellow/greenish, I thought it was a dying specimen from your description, but it was a different color variation of G. tikhavie. Same species though. Anyway, definitely our fault and I apologize.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Hi John, I'm looking to place an order for a CUC from you but I have a question about shipping. It says if placed today the order will ship next Tuesday. It's pretty cold out up here and I was planning to take a day off from work so I'm here when the shipment gets here. If it's shipped out Tuesday, what day should I take off? Thanks!

Jonathan

Awesome vendor!!

Just got my order too!

Seriously after acclimating them other than the Florida Ceriths which maybe are just alittle slow off the start EVERYTHING TOOK OFF!

Purchased 37 Gallon "cube" CUC -and wow. the comment of them "giving alittle extra" is the case with the dwarf ceriths. Package called for "39".....i gave up counting when i got to 60....

i'm starting to think maybe i went alittle overboard for my tank but i guess that just mean it'll be squeeky clean!!!

My wife gasped when 15 minutes later theres a line of them at the top of the tank!
these snails waste NO TIME!

ABSOLUTELY A MUST TO BUY FROM REEFCLEANERS!

All question via emailed where responded to very quickly as well!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

c5dc39cf.jpg

2f60929d.jpg

The chitons imo are the best algae eaters john has to offer...my only regret is i didnt buy more than 1 in my order. If i was ordering again i would add many many more. Seems to me the rock that you attach them to, is the rock that they stay on for weeks. Mine never moved to another rock but the rock that he was on was sparkling clean.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Anyone tried to get the chitons? How do they do in the tank?

I have three of them. With John's good service, he recommended against Turbos or the large nerites since they will bulldoze.

I have 3 in my 75, I will be ordering some other stuff from him (piggy backing on someone elses order) and I might get a couple more. You really dont see them much, but they seem to do the job pretty well...

johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Yeah they stay pretty localized like that Good to put on chronic areas but hard to get them to get around the place. They travel a bit more at night though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: