tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
ooooh, I'm not up for leading the group buy and getting permission from the mods
but I'd definitely participate.

I love ordering from John.
Quick delivery, and GREAT prices.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Just so you know; Below you shall find a link, and copy of the "Group Buy Rules"

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/group-buys/43100-group-buy-rules-updated.html

Group Buy Rules - Updated!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Guidelines for Group Buys - Please Read

As you might have noticed Manhattan Reefs is growing, and with growth comes change. We'd like to take this opportunity to clarify the guidelines for organizing a Group Buy and introduce some new rules that will aid in the planning and execution for the organizer and all participating members.

Group Buy Rules:

Manhattan Reefs does not permit Group Buys without Administration approval prior to posting. Manhattan Reefs is not responsible for the organization of any Group Buy or Split Shipping posted in this forum unless otherwise stated by the administration of MR. The Group Buy forum is only provided as a convenience to site members. Any issues should be handled between the group buy participants, group buy organizer and vendor. Any and all issue threads will be deleted.

Organizers are NOT PERMITTED to represent Manhattan Reefs. Any member that has been confirmed by the seller as representing Manhattan Reefs in any way during a Group Buy without permission of MR Administration may be subject to suspension or permanent removal from the site.

Group buys and split/shared shipping threads must state the following in the 1st Post of the Group Buy Thread: who is organizing the group buy, where pick up is going to be, Vendor name of the group buy supplier, breakdown of what the group buy will include as far as pricing or possible discounts and shipping cost.

Group Buys meet the following criteria:

More than 1 member of MR is involved in the purchase
The organizer is one of the participants
No profit is being made by the organizer or any other member.
All discounts, shipping charges, freebies, etc are shared by all participants and must be clearly noted in the group buy thread.
All freebies must be distributed equally among group buy members or can be sold to either offset the cost of the group buy for all members or proceeds may be donated to MR. A list of these free items must be posted in the group buy thread and the participants will have the final say as to what is done with them. Freebie items that are sent from the Vendor and labeled for specific people in the group buy are exempt from this and should go to those that they are intended for.

Manhattan Reefs reserves the right to adjust or change these rules as needed in order to protect the integrity of the site.

If you would like to organize a Group Buy you must do the following:
Contact any Moderator via Private Message and provide the following information:
1- Name of Group Buy organizer
2- Name of company/vendor goods will be ordered through inlcuding the name of the person you have contacted there
3- Start and end date for ordering
4- Expected delivery date
5- Tentative location for pick up/delivery of GB items
6- Pricing (if a single item), discounts if any apply, and shipping cost

Wait for a reply from a Moderator (usually with 24 hours)
If the Group Buy is authorized, you will be given instructions on how to start your thread.
If the Group Buy is declined, you will be given a reason why it was deemed ineligible.
If it was for lack of information (for example: you didn't include the start/end dates) you may re-submit the corrected information to your Group Buy Moderator.

Any Group Buy threads posted that do not adhere to the rules above will immediately be deleted from the MR site.

Thank you!

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Hey,
I may be willing to try this as my first GB lead.

I will contact the mods and see if it would be approved IF
1) people would be willing to schedule delivery for one of the weekdays between 12/25- 1/3. I don't know what USPS is like over winter holiday but I am on vacation and should be able to be home if I know the specific day.

2) If people are good with that time slot, then they must be okay to pick up in brooklyn a few blocks from where the swap was.

3) We'd need the order to total at least $250

So, let me know if we'd get enough people to do this on that date/if you want me to contact the mods to get it approved and have me as the point person.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
I offered to lead the group buy!

As long as:
people are okay with it being shipped to me on the 28th-31st
Okay with picking it up from near Pratt Uni.
remember we need to get at least $250 total order

Once i know people are willing then i'll ask the mods.

The mods need to know the start/end and ship date. So, we need to agree on that.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
ok. cool.
Then I guess i'll pick days I think are best for me?

I'd suggest:
Place orders between Dec. 18th and 22nd (if adding a weekend day would be helpful??)

I would request a delivery to come in on 28th (hopefully that is late enough in the holiday that shipping services would have little to no delays. Also, I want to be home to pick it up).

If that seems decent then tomorrow or later tonight i'll send a mod the request and see if it is approved. I've already talked with John about it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: