Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 04:52 PM
NJRC Member
Reefer Ratings: (18 (100%)
Friends: (20)
Send a Private Message
Hot Amazing Rock, Amazing Guy

I placed an order for 50 lbs of Reef Cleaner's rock on Sunday. Received tracking number right away and just received the rock.

I requested larger pieces for my 180 gallon tank and must say John over delivered!

Here are a few pictures of the rocks and then I just threw some of them on top of one another to get an idea for scaping. It is almost like these rocks are meant to be together! I am more than satisfied and highly recommend Reef Cleaners for any of your dry rocks, plus they're great for a CUC.

Keep in mind these little random scapes took all of 5 minutes to make and play with. I plan on drilling the rocks and making it stable .

Rocks 1:

Rocks 2:

Rocks 3:

Rocks 4:

Random Scapes:

I think I'm going to do a pillar and arch like I have, but will keep playing around to get ideas. Now to find a big drill bit :X

https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...llon-wall.html
Old 05-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Reefer Ratings: (11 (100%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Thanks for taking the time to post!
Old 05-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Reefer Ratings: (8 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
Always had good luck ordering from John
Post pictures after making your pillars
Old 05-04-2014, 03:26 PM
NJRC Member
Reefer Ratings: (18 (100%)
Friends: (20)
Send a Private Message
Pillar:

It is about 21/22" tall, I drilled 1/2" holes down center and used 1/2" pvc to keep it straight. I need to add some JB weld or something though because the top rocks do wobble a bit with my WP60 on max :>

Water is still clearing up and I just washed/readded my sand, but this gives you an idea of how it looks in the tank.

https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...llon-wall.html