johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
what you got in your tanks bob? got any pics? Sorry to be so stingy with the program, but I want to make sure it can be perpetuated and don't want to take any risks. it is extremely rare.

This is a warm water species dom, I think your tank might be too cold.

Domboski

No Coral Here
I was actually going to dedicate the refugium on my 120 reef tank :) I have periwinkles in the local tank :)

Randy would be the better choice anyway. I could always get a frag from him.

LMK. I can place an order for a few things I was looking at and cover the shipping. I'll give Randy (prattreef) the macro.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
all of this and no tank thread? :scratch:

Live rock in the sump where it will be growing... I've ben reefing for a little over a year now, but kept acropora quality water in my tang and angel 125 for a little over 12 years now... I have 10 deep sea anthias, 1in black tang, 3in mystery wrasse, 1in misbar regal in my 180 reef that is that is the display and 125 sump/refugium.... And just for the record I have never killed a coral...
Now may I have a piece of you rare mac.. :biglaugh::smokin: I'm also one of they few people able to keep a denitrifier going without crashing the system... My system is a little over 300 gallons now with all the reactors...

johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
I think we are filled, i haven't fragged it yet, so if I got another we can work on it. What macros do you have? Since you got a denitrator, do you have any nitrates? ...(WHile sps quality water is great, it isn't great for macros that require nutrients).

I will be less of a jerk next time around for fragging, just this time I don't want to take any chances.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Hope your macro makes it to grow out stages..... Yes, I have some nutrients for the macro to absorb... I have found that they don't need high nitrates to grow well just a little nutrients.. An in my system there will always be nutrients do to the little water changes I do(Denitrifier)... Here's a pic of the macro I have it grows on a vine and grows out faster than any other macro algae I've had... I call it Seagrass,,,lol... It will cover the bottom of a tank in a month... If not less under T5's...

Attachments

• Grass shimp in grass..jpg
    Grass shimp in grass..jpg
    119 KB · Views: 139
  • Fts in 2 month's...jpg
    Fts in 2 month's...jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 137

johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
caulerpa prolifera is what you got there. does look like seagrass. in the local lfs here they call it kelp. (kelp is brown and like up to 80 feet tall- but it doesn't stop them)- so call it what you like! Looks really nice, very lush. I will put you down for the next round of it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: