johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Got an ugly tank that is marred by nuisance algae? We want to see it! Post your pictures here, and we will choose the ugliest tank to us. The "winner" will receive a custom crew from us, (or a refund on a recently purchased custom crew), and be given step by step instructions on how to get their tank clean. Everybody who participates will be given a 25% discount.

Show us how bad it can get! :)

Note: By submitting a photo, or a link to a photo, you confirm that you are both the owner of the photo and the tank. By posting the photo, or linking to it you give us the right to use the photo on the site. You have the choice whether to remain anonymous or be credited for the photo. If you wish to be credited for the photo, please place your name on the actual photo itself.

johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Oh well, try overfeeding for a few days, maybe you can get it ugly again. :) COme on Manhattan, I got tons of pics on the other forums, I know you got some algae problems too.

BaNDiTo_RoX

Experienced Reefer
If you would had mention this last week trust me I would had won for sure. Went on vacation left my girlfriend take care of the tanks and when I got back it look like a field of grass that never got cut and the glass was even worst not a pretty site and the sand I could have played golf.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Remember that you asked for it!

I must preface this with a brief explanation :). My local tank started growing different types of macro algae so I decided to let them have some grow out time. I have beautiful reds and all types of greens but also way too much. There is hydroids, bryopsis, bubble algae, hair algae, cyano, and many other different types of macros. What army can clean this up? :lol2:

Here you go:

Picture2446.jpg

Picture2463.jpg

Picture2451.jpg

Picture2443.jpg

Picture2440.jpg

Top down:

Picture2432.jpg

Lone cleaner:

Picture2472.jpg

h20 freak

Advanced Reefer
The sand has always been a mess:irked:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    212.1 KB · Views: 353
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 352
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 354

johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
WOW Domboski! Great looking caulerpa in there! Really nice specimens. What is the red thing in the middle? Is that a macro too?

Looking good H2O! Is that an older tank?

meschaefer

One to Ignore
I can't beleive this has not gotten much more interest. People are always posting pictures of their ugly algae infested tanks. What's the matter, having the official ugliest tank on MR is not worth a free clean up crew?

johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
We are getting a bunch in from all over the net, so even if not many more show their tanks it will still be a good show at the end. Domboski, while I apprecitate you getting things started here, that tank isn't going to win. Sorry, but I want like 90% of the stuff in there.

Everybody has fought algae at sometime people. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: