johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Okay so here are the contest rules:

You submit a link to a picture here, or on our website to some kind of cool coralline or successful encrusting sponge, or feather duster colony that you got on a rock, etc.... I narrow it down to the top 10 or so, and then the whole of the Internet gets to vote on it at www.reefcleaners.org the weekend after next. Top 3 get $50 gift certificates. If they would like to participate in our rock seeding program, (explained below) I will pay all costs.

Why we are doing the contest, ideas we are looking for:

We took your advice on the base rock, and have gotten great reviews and it is starting to really move, we appreciate it, and Sallie Mae does too. smile.gif

So we are thinking of taking the next logical step and grow seed for the base rock. We will use smaller rubble fragments to make up the package. 100% aquaculture, and pest free, We are coming up with a list on what to seed the rock with. So far we got:

stomatellas
dwarf ceriths
colonistas
mini stars
asterinas
microfauna from established tank
feather dusters
purple, pink, and green coralline
some corals - or is this a bad idea because it limits other coral selections people can make? Let me know....
maybe some sponges
tunicates? not sure on that one
possibly some plating coralline spread throughout the mix

what would you like to see? Any particular species one of the ones we listed?

johnmaloney

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
i think half of the forums want feel the way you do, the others are excited. Probably better to have them out, better cleaners out there anyway, and who really cares about cleaners when there is a coralline picture contest? forget the asterinas

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
My MR rock..

Coraline covered..

Attachments

• MR rock.JPG
    MR rock.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 251

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
My 3ft arch with all LE acros coming as soon as I get my camera back,lol... But I have always liked the coraline covered base rock with no pest idea that was one of the many things that got me started making my rocks and GARF..

Last edited:

DontXtripNfall

Advanced Reefer
edit

Here are my enteries:
Xenia/Sponge hitchhikers
Deep purple coraline rock Button Polyps and unknown SPS
Hermit that hitched inside a crevice
Infamous Asterina star

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: