Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Taking the lid off of my RSM250 tank due to ballast issues, whats the best mounting system for tank, Ive heard the original non flex mount has a hard time with rimmed tanks - and the flex mounts look strange because of no cord management - any ideas??

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why not put it in place of the old lights just drill two holes for the fans in the lights

Not a bad idea!! Than I?m pretty much done with the T5s though if I ever want to go back or sell but I guess it would be worth it that way -

I?m not sure the mounts will entirely be flush that?s why I?m concerned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Search YouTube when i had the reefer 250 i was looking into upgrading my lights and was going to do that

The t5s will still work
All you are removing is the reflector behind them and if i remember correctly the night lights

And yes drilling a 2? hole is going to affect the sale but maybe you can sell with the lights

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I ordered the double arm mount HMS but realized with the RSM250 there is a pocket where the existing sliding arms rest and slide on that would make it impossible to mount on side of tank , so i ordered the traditional original solo mounts for back of tank .. once i get all that established and hood off i will look into playing with a custom look with lights built in -

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: