Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey Guys:

My 11 year old daughter has taken it upon herself to start a tank. She closed down her freshwater tank and is cleaning it out. I have dry rock and pretty much everything else but now need to figure out what I can use as a hang on back box for filtration, lighting and circulation. (I have a new small Hydor)

Any suggestions for filtration? Something with a filter pad that can be washed every few days, a place for carbon and a small pico skimmer?

Alfred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A4edwin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What size is the tank? Do you know what her plans are for the tank? will it be fish only? She plan on keeping corals? If yes on the corals why kind Of corals? That’s going to affect the choices of the equipment she’s going to pic.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I thought I included those details. It is a 10 gallon tank. She wants to breed a pair of clownfish and wants an anemone. My tank is 80 gallons and has a sump. This would be my first sumpless tank. I was thinking maybe a Finnex external refugium could be used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A4edwin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Some people might tell you to not run a skimmer on a 10 gallon tank the eshopp’s nano skimmer is decent but it sits in tank though. The fuge you’re looking at look cool since it has the three chambers you can put bagged media in each one of you like.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: