• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
***to avoid starting too many threads, I will update this page regularly to let MR members know what I have available as I continue to break down my tank.
I'm hoping that today will be the last day that my MH will have to turn on. It will still be a few days before I'm able to remove my tank, but I would like to get this started so any arrangements can be made in advance. I would like to sell this as a package as follows:
Custom 180 gallon (6'X2'X2') with 2 corner overflows and plumbed for a closed loop. Eurobracing and front corner shores for added protection. The eurobracing was drilled to allow for seaswirls/wavy seas placement in front of the tank. Blue background. There are some minor scratches on the glass, but if you are standing more than six inches away, you cannot see them.
Custom canopy and stand. The canopy is set up with 3 luminarc minis. The stand was built to 36 inches to allow more head room to work and fits just about any skimmer someone would need for this size tank (rather than the 28 inches of head space you would have in a regular stand). The stand is molded with routed edges so it looks more like a piece of furniture rather than a box with a tank on it. The lip going around the boom for the tank sets the tank 3 inches deep into it, to reduce the view of the side of a sand bed. All wood is flawless. There is no water damage, scratches etc.

-So you'll get the tank, stand and hood, 3 luminarc minis, 1 3/4" seaswirl and 1 1/2" seaswirl for $1400. If you want all 3 of my Icecap 250W MH ballasts, make it $1700. Delivery of the tank can be arranged.

I'm sorry, but my t-5 set up will not be included with the deal. I will be using that for my terrapin set up.
This is less than a quarter of what I paid for all of this.
After all of my rock is removed, my fish will be for sale. I will only send them to a good home.
Blue spot kole tang (4 inches) $50 sold ken
Blonde naso (6 inches): $65
Blue Hippo (6 inches):$30 holding for NYReefNoob 3 green chromis (1 inch) $15 for all 3 Holding for Arkady
3 blue reef chromis (1 inch) $15 for all 3 Holding for Arkady
2 false percula clowns (1 to 2 inches) $20 for both Holding for NYReefNoob
Blue spot goby (5 inches) $15 sold ken
blue jaw trigger (6 inches) $50 sold ken coral beauty, never nipped coral in my tank, but still risky $20 I would love to see the naso, kole and hippo go to the same home along with the trigger. They are all model citizens and all of them prefer nori sheets over anything else. You can find pics of all my fish in my tank link.

I've got over 400 lbs of mature live sand that has been in my system for over 3 years. $1 per pound.

1 Icecap 660 which was newly rebuilt last month and is in perfect working order. $100
3 Icecap 250W MH ballasts. $100 each

Sequence hammerhead (I will include 2 brand new seals and it will come with a 2 inch true union ball valve attached to the input and out put) $100 pending Dave

Assorted zoas. Some fancy, some not. Packs for $100. See stupid names on post #35 and look at pics in my gallery.

*Update 8/16
Trade wind 1/2 HP in line chiller. 2 years old, in new condition. Flushed every year, fins cleaned properly every year. Vented outside. This thing cost me over $1000 new. Make me a reasonable offer via PM.

Live rock. $3 per pound for the good stuff (coralline encrusted with plenty of encrusted SPS/zoas). $2 per pound for my base rock (sponges, stars and pods). Rick and Daily have dibs since they asked first. There is a lot and I will weigh in your favor. All of you know my rock is mature. All rock is BYOB (bring your own buckets)

Tunze 6100 with single controller. $300.

Gen-X external water pump. New in box. Never touched water. Unions attached to input/output. http://www.championlighting.com/product.php?productid=18115&cat=491&page=1
$100

I'm also looking for reasonable trades for ozone generators (I need ozone)

As the tank is further broken down and I come across more gear, I will post it here.

Attachments

• ftsfs 002.jpg
    ftsfs 002.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 460
  • rockoutofwater 003.jpg
    rockoutofwater 003.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 460
Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Chris I will house the following;mated pair six line wrasses (spawned frequently in my tank, only sell as a pair) $30, 2 serpant stars $10 for both, 2 chalk bass both for $15 & the evansi anthias (2 inches) $15. I would love to house your Blonde naso (6 inches): $65, but I don't know that it would do well in either of my tanks, as both tanks have a purple & yellow tangs. And I would never forgive myself for allowing anything to happen to your fish.

If the following is true;
There is a line of peeps for the Radiants. I warn you though, they are totall p8ssies as far as wrasses go. A six line or other such agressive wrasse will kill it quickly.

then I must pass on the pair of 6 line wrasse, I have a beautiful African radiant wrasse that I don't want to see anything happen to.

Last edited:

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Fred is absolutely correct. Six lines are pretty bad. My christmas wrasse did fine with them, but they did kill my radiants. I wouldn't want to see anything happen to your fish either, so I suggest you pass on the six lines.
I believe the naso would be fine. I would tell you to check with Randy, Mike (morrone) or Matt (nycmat). No fish is ever a guarantee as far as behavior, but I use those 3 guys for guidance when it comes to fish and I would ask their opinion.
I'll set aside the chalk bass, anthias and stars for you.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Thank you Chris. I know what my tangs are capable of, and they will go after the Naso. Actually they go after any new guy. Especially my little 2.5" purple in the 120. He use to chase the bigger tangs in the 155.lol

Just noticed the niger, I'll take him if it is not gone...

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
whatever time is good for you. I've also got some salvageable SPS. I'm going to try to sell off a few more and take a handful out to Pierce.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: