Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2017, 07:54 AM
Reefer Ratings: (20 (100%)
Friends: (12)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
I used to rent equipment but had too many bad experiences. Once I ran out of air at 60 ft, the gauge was broken and showed I had air- had to do an emergency assent. The last one was the deal breaker for me. I was doing my first beach dive and the dive instructor said we wouldn't be going out far. Well... When air was out and we went up I couldn't even see land! The tide was going out AND there was a leak in my BC so I had to fill it with my mouth constantly. When we got to shore (after I came damned close to giving up!) The connection of the mouth piece hose to the BC was completely loose/torn. It was a miracle it held air at all.

After this I got a mysterious sickness that caused me to gain weight uncontrollably. So I have not gone diving since, but I swore if I did I would only be renting air tanks..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Agora Auctions, Inc. (Ancient, World and US coins & Antiquities)
Old 09-20-2017, 12:26 PM
Reefer Ratings: (13 (100%)
Friends: (20)
Send a Private Message
Free

Old 09-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Reefer Ratings: (24 (96%)
Friends: (1)
Send a Private Message
Search wreck valley for dive sites around ny/nj
There are a lot of tropical fish around now that get caught in the Gulf Stream
I caught 3 queen angels in one dive in NJ and there are a ton of spotfin butterflies
Also there is dive show called Beneath the sea worth checking out
Old 03-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Reefer Ratings: (29 (100%)
Friends: (10)
Send a Private Message
I got certified with Ocean Horizon Scuba in brooklyn. Paul Bardo is a NAUI instructor. He teaches from the YMCA in park slope. He is excellent and organizes trips to mexico. If you want to learn how to scuba i highly recommend him. He provides everything you need to learn. if you want more info you can message me.