watevadog5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Any one from SI have any info on this place??

Attachments

• 0325151034.jpg
    0325151034.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 383

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
They moved Locations I've been meaning to go see the new store. They've had their ups and downs over the years but used to be easily the best on the island. I think Sandy messed their store up badly and they had to retool.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Just left there a little while ago, had to get some sw for a water change. They are defiantly stepping up there game. They had a beautiful mated pair of snowflake clowns for $90 and they also had a bunch of individual clowns. As far as coral they had some very nice colonies decently priced but they are still lacking a frag tank, hopefully that will change.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Havent been to the new place, but I wasn't a fan of the old place. Yes its the best on staten island, because its pretty much the only one on staten island. The crap they got in the chain stores are horrible.

I think they are way over priced for the stuff they got. IMO, go just to see some cool stuff but order your stuff online.

Z06-Hec

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just left there today, they have a Koran angel with pop eye, they had some nice corals way over priced. The same metallic green wellso they have i bought in brooklyn for $65 and they had it for $115.
They are in a new store so its cleaner than the old one for now. It looks like they are headed in the same direction as the last store. Anyone that went in there knows, all of their fish were always sick. People would walk in and walk right out including me. I always love checking out fish stores even when I am not particularly looking to buy something. There is always a possibility of walking into a store and buying something when you don't expect to but never from this place.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Yea they are back to there old tricks. DO NOT Buy water from them! I started my 45g with there water and been having high PO4 issues since. They are selling tap water as RO and once it's mixed with salt you can't test the TDS of it accurately. Buyer beware

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Yeah i developed a hatred toward them after I tried to sell them some coral from my tank. Gave them a whole bucket full of various corals and an RBTA i believe.

They offered me $30 off a blue hippo tang and a credit for a mandarin dragonet that he wrote down on a piece of paper and told me he would call me when they got them in next so i could come pick it up. Well I went back the next day to see how he priced the stuff i brought him... he had the stuff listed for all together for over $400, plus i never got the call for that mandarin.

I mean i know you gotta make a buck, but over 1000% profit? common now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: