lskywalker5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey MR,

I'm thinking of planning a new, true swap. There is a place that is available on 26th between 8th and 9th. The venue I'm thinking about is relatively small, it could most likely fit 30~40 people, with two holding tanks that we can use to house the frags/sell extra. I would hope that this would be a non-vendor one, unless a vendor wants to sponsor it. If anyone has any ideas, or any better place to hold it at, just post it here!\

List of venues available:
- New York Harbor School @ Governers Island (?)
- Community Room @ 26th and 8th
- Beacon High School @ 44th and 10th (?)
**If anyone wants to help, contact local high schools/colleges, and see if they would allow us to do it there. We will be donating proceeds to them/MR.

I'll edit this as new ideas come to the table, and the details become finalized.

Rules so far:
Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.
Must be labeled with your username AND coral name AND lights used. You cannot swap if it doesn't have this information.
Add extra information if you want to be helpful.
We will be checking for unlabeled, mislabeled, sick, or dead coral.
The following corals cannot be used in frag swapping: GSP, brown protypalys, kenya tree, encrusting gorgonia, xenia, brown toadstool leather, etc.
The value of the coral must be >$20, but <$30 for the swap.
*new*There will be three rounds; one for the basic swap, one for the good frags (valued at >30, but <60), and the high end swap (>60).
The coral you bring must be posted here, allowing for the community determine the value (around MR market price).

If anyone has any equipment they want to donate, PM me about it, so I can see if we have enough stuff to do a nice size raffle/auction.

Can't wait to see you guys there!
Luke

Last edited:

medusala

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I posted this in the other thread but here are some example rules from another swap. I went to this one when I lived in CA. It worked out well:

"Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.
Must be labeled with your username AND coral name AND lights used. You cannot swap if it doesnt have this information.
Add extra information if you want to be helpful.
We will be checking for unlabeled, mislabeled, sick, or dead coral.
The following corals cannot be used in frag swapping: GSP, brown protypalys, kenya tree, encrusting gorgonia, xenia, brown toadstool leather, etc.

Bonus Rounds
The bonus rounds are optional and consist of the first two picking rounds of the swap.
Once you're done with the bonus rounds, you continue the regular swap.
If you want to do the bonus rounds, you need to bring at least 3 bonus corals or 1 ultra coral from the bonus round list to receive 1 Bonus Round Ticket.
You can receive as many Bonus Round Tickets as you want. (Example: Bringing 9 bonus round frags gives you 3 bonus round tickets)
The Bonus Coral List can be found here at this link.
Bonus Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
Example: 1) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 2) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 3) Gold Hammer = OKAY
Ultra Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
3 Bonus Corals = 1 Bonus Round Ticket or 1 Ultra Coral = 1 Bonus Round Ticket"

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/thre...uilding-2300-cafeteria-parking-lot-b12.17719/

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: