Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2019, 02:35 PM
Reefer Ratings: (16 (100%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message
Fauna store in Manhattan

Hey folks,

Last time I was at Fauna was I believe in 2016, as they had moved to a new location (without aquariums sadly).

Yesterday I was thinking about it, wondering if they had changed their mind, and maybe moved again. Sadly I stumbled on this instead:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2a52b8471a64

Things that came after that appeared unclear. Apparently the store had lost its lease and the owner just took all the animals it contained inside his home (hundreds of them).

Fairly sad really, this was a great store.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Wow, was one of my go to spots back when it was on W87th st. I actually still have an ORA snowflake clownfish that I purchased from them about 8 years ago. Definitely some sad news
Old 07-24-2019, 12:52 AM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I have a parrot that went to the avian vet in upper Manhattan. Right across the street was Fauna. I said cool and checked it out. The store basically had nothing for sale and had two macaws in a single cage and some other nonsense. I was disappointed but didn’t notice anything amiss. This was two years ago.

That story I just read = mental illness

I’m saddened for this man and hope he gets the help he needs. He was living in a house with no plumbing and with dead and neglected animals. A healthy brain with a good soul like his doesn’t behave in this manner. Very sad story. Unfortunately, not surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk