Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Its back!!!

Yes, its that time again! Here is the information for the 10th annual New England Frag Farmer's Market hosted by the E.O. Smith Coral Project at E.O. Smith High School in Storrs, CT. The 2017 FFM will be on March 11th, 2017 with doors open from 11am till 5pm. From it's small start 9 years ago, it has grown into the biggest swap in NE, with over 60 vendors selling and over 1000 people in attendance last year. It brings in some of the biggest names in frags to stand next to the small scale hobbyist who is selling their homegrown crop. With tons of corals for sale at great prices, it is a swap not to be missed. I will post a list of sellers as it comes together. Definitely save the date!
As in past years, I am always looking for hobbyists who are interested in selling at the FFM. Sticking with the original idea of the FFM, where a hobbyist can sell their homegrown corals at a big show, with low investment of time and $, I will always try to find a space for the little guy. If anyone is interested, or knows someone who is, have them get in touch with me and I can get the details worked out. Even if you only have a small frag tank with a few frags, it is worth it!

More info and details to come!
-Jon Swanson
E.O. Smith Coral Project

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is the preliminary seller list for the FFM this year. This is only the people who have committed and paid SO FAR and only includes the coral sellers, not dry goods (which has a growing list as well!) I have a number of "I want to sell" people that I am still waiting on to send in their "buy in," including some big names! I apologize to anyone who I messed up the home state. Just let me know and I will fix it!

AC Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Alex's Advanced Aquatics - CT
Aquadreams - MA
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections -OH
BareBottom Corals (Dankacediumclay-boa) - NJ
Blastomaster (hobbyist) - MA
Blue Glow - MI
Blue View Aquatics - MA
Byron and Bryan (hobbyist) - CT
Connor's Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Coral Cruze (hobbyist) - NY
Coral Kings - NY
Easy Aquariums - ME
Elmafioso52988 (hobbyist) - MA
E.O. Smith Coral Project - CT
Exotic Fish and Corals -CT
Fins Aquarium - NY
Fraggin' Idiot - VA
Fraggin Wagon - SC
Frag Freaks -MA
Frank180Reef (hobbyist) -MA
FUPA (hobbyist) - CT
Gotham Aquatics _NY
Greg?s Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Greg Hiller - MA
Gsxr750 (hobbyist) - CT
Jason Foxx - MD
King Pin Coral - NY
Kwong1998 (hobbyist) - NY
MaineAquaria.com - ME
Marine Reef Habitat - MA
Matt Spaulding (hobbyist) - CT
Micheal Reeve (hobbyist) - CT
NY Coral King - NY
Pablo (hobbyist) - NY
Paulywalnuts (hobbyist) - CT
Pacific East Aquaculture - MD
Pieces of the Ocean - NY
Polywise (hobbyist) - NY
Popcorals - NY
R+R Aquatics - NY
Rock Hard Reefs - NY
Shoreline Pet - CT
Skimmy (hobbyist) - NY
Shayna 123 (hobbyist) - CT
Sniper2b (hobbyist) - CT
Speedy Corals -
SteelerMike (hobbyist) - RI
Supreme Reefs - VA
TJM Corals -
TSM Corals - NJ
The Reef Shoppe - NY
Triggreef (hobbyist) - CT
Ultimate Corals _ NJ
Wet Pets - CT
Zooanthids.com - UT

I do still have spaces for a few more sellers but have more people who have asked about spots than I have spaces for! If anyone is interested in setting up- get in touch SOON!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There is a garage across the street and quite a bit of parking around the back of the school (a UConn lot). The problem is that most people don't realize where the parking is. If you drive in the road next to the school at the light and go past the entrance to the school, there is the UConn lot just on the right. Park there and you should be good!

Smotz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
There is a garage across the street and quite a bit of parking around the back of the school (a UConn lot). The problem is that most people don't realize where the parking is. If you drive in the road next to the school at the light and go past the entrance to the school, there is the UConn lot just on the right. Park there and you should be good!

Very cool - thanks for the info!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just added a few great companies to the mix at the FFM! Looks to be huge again. I will post an updated list of vendors when I get it organized.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is the updated list of sellers for the Frag Farmer's Market, including the companies that will be there. I will send out a list of companies who have donated to the raffle in a bit, it already has some crazy stuff in it and grows daily. Looks to be the biggest, best FFM yet!

Coral Vendors
AC Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Alex's Advanced Aquatics - CT
Aquadreams - MA
AZNnutty's Saltwater Connections -OH
BareBottom Corals - NJ
Blastomaster (hobbyist) - MA
Blue Glow - MI
Blue View Aquatics - MA
Connor's Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Coral Cruze (hobbyist) - NY
Dr. Salomon?s Corals (hobbyist) - RI
Easy Aquariums - ME
Elmafioso52988 (hobbyist) - MA
E.O. Smith Coral Project - CT
Exotic Fish and Corals -CT
Fins Aquarium - NY
Fraggin' Idiot - VA
Fraggin Wagon - SC
Frag Freaks -MA
Frank180Reef (hobbyist) -MA
FUPA (hobbyist) - CT
Gotham Aquatics - NY
Graham S. (hobbyist) - NJ
Greg?s Corals (hobbyist) - CT
Greg Demos (hobbyist) -
Greg Hiller (hobbyist)- MA
Gsxr750 (hobbyist) - CT
Jason Fox - MD
Jeremy St. Louis (hobbyist) - CT
King Pin Coral - NY
Kwong1998 (hobbyist) - NY
Marine Reef Habitat - MA
Matt Spaulding (hobbyist) - CT
Michael Reeve (hobbyist) - CT
NY Coral King - NY
Obscura Reefs - CA
Ocean State Aquatics - RI
Pablo (hobbyist) - NY
Paulywalnuts (hobbyist) - CT
Pacific East Aquaculture - MD
Pieces of the Ocean - NY
Polywise (hobbyist) - NY
Popcorals - NY
Puff Daddy Reefs (hobbyist) - MA
Reef Bum (hobbyist)- CT
Reef Creations - NY
Rock Hard Reefs - NY
School of Fish - MA
Scoobnoob (hobbyist) - ME
Shoreline Pet - CT
Skimmy (hobbyist) - NY
Shayna 123 (hobbyist) - CT
Sniper2b (hobbyist) - CT
Speedy Corals -
SteelerMike (hobbyist) - RI
Supreme Reefs - VA
Talon?s Cove - NJ
Tank Breakers - CT
TJM Corals -
TSM Corals - NJ
The Coral Reef - CT
The Reef Shoppe - NY
Triggreef (hobbyist) - CT
Ultimate Corals - NJ
USCTom (hobbyist) - NY
Wet Pets - CT
Zooanthids.com - UT

Companies (this list keeps growing!!!)

Boston Aqua Farms
Brightwell
CORAL Magazine
Dirks Real Reef Store
Eshopps
ESV
Fritz
Neptune Systems
Reef Breeders
Reef Trends
Rock Hard Reefs
Rod?s Reef
Sea Chem
Rod?s Reef
Tropic Marin

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have group rates for anyone who wants to stay the night before with the Best Western in Mansfield CT (5 min down the road) and the Nathan Hale Inn (just across the parking lot behind the school). Just let them know you are with the Frag Farmer's Market and you should get the discounted rate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That's a lot of vendors :bigeyes2:

Yes it is. The whole idea of the FFM has always been to bring in the best coral growers in the "area" and have them all in one place for a day. I wanted to create a MACNA, but focused on coral frags to try to promote aquaculture in the hobby. At this point, the FFM might be the largest aggregation of coral vendors, and corals, in the country. I have been to a bunch of MACNA's and most of the area shows at some point, and there are more corals at the FFM than any of the other shows I have been to. I think that the other shows are great, don't take that wrong, but they are focused on speakers and dinners, etc... The FFM is focused on corals, and corals the FFM provides. I always look at it this way, I would drive 1-2 hours for a good shop with a good selection of corals at decent prices. What if you could drive that far, or even 3-4 hours, for 60+ coral vendors (a mix of big names- Jason Fox, Pacific East, POTO, Aznutty, etc... and small scale hobbyists) all under one roof? Not to mention that the set-up fee is so low for everyone that the prices are lower than you will see anywhere else. I think that the FFM is a no brainer. Everyone who comes out and makes the trip for the first time comes back year after year. It is a TON of work to get together but is still my favorite show!

As far as the hotel goes, I don't know. Give them a call and see if they will extend it to that next night. If not, get in touch with me and I will call and see if I can arrange it for you from my end.

-Jon

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Okay, so it turns out that the Nathan Hale Inn is not quite as accommodating. They are reneging on the deal that they quoted me on the phone. You are welcome to book with them but they are not going to honor the group rate that the woman quoted me - so you are on your own with them. Its close but not exactly on my good side right now... The Best Western is still good and only a short ride down the street. Sorry for the confusion!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
People have been asking for a floor plan for the FFM. It keeps changing as more and more companies ask to be a part of the FFM, but here is what it looks like right now. This is easily the best FFM lineup I have ever seen. Totally worth the ride out...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: