ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I've been meaning to start a thread for my tank for some time! Now is a good a time as any, :) .

My tank is approximately 8 years old, and during that time I have had many ups and downs. She's broken my heart so many times! but also has given me great satisfaction/pride over the years (damn that is cheezy, :lol: ).

It is a 120 gallon mixed reef with a focus on SPS.

Anyway you have to start somewhere so here are some recent shots. I plan on posting up some old pictures from a few years back just to show the huge difference between now and then.

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
My use of the bare bottom on a bare bottom style tank.

Attachments

• solbby6.jpg
    solbby6.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 204
  • solbby5.jpg
    solbby5.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 200
  • solbby4.jpg
    solbby4.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 197

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
My tank really suffered this year, with my Magdrive pumps. But it is now bouncing back with a vengence! It is so cool to finally have her right again!

Here are some pulled away shots. I would like to THANK from the bottom of my heart the members of MR who donated frags to me, to get me started again!! THIS SITE ROCKS!

Attachments

• solbby7.jpg
    solbby7.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 183
  • solbby8.jpg
    solbby8.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 187
  • solbby9.jpg
    solbby9.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 179
  • solbby10.jpg
    solbby10.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 176

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Shaun,

You'll be happy to know that I found someone on the site who I gave a piece of the blue yongei to and it is the size of a fist. He mentioned that I could have a piece back for Christmas and yo'll get a piace as soon as she grows out. The piece I have is hanging on by a thread (no pun intended).

As always, beautiful tank - glad to see things really shaping up. Also, LMK if you want a piece of the purple bonsai, it's has bounced back and I have 1/2" frags (2) for the taking.

House

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Thanks Jim. I am happy to hear that someone has the yongei, boy that was one beautiful coral and probably I feel the most pain from losing that guy this year. I am glad that your getting it back. I have the purple bonsai from you already, you gave it one at the fragswap! It is doing well, but is still somewhat small right now!

ctxmonitor

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Can't wait for the tank to grow and bounce back!! Tank was amazing even after the hard times and it would definitely look better after it.

Shaun, you lost the blue yongie frag or you talking about the colony before? That is one sweat pieace. Let see some close up and more sps shots.. since this iis a focus on sps 120 tank. :D :D

ShaunW

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Tom, no I have the blue yongei still, you can see it in the pictures above. What Jim is talking about is a purple yongei that we both had. It was an awesome piece. I will try and dig up a pic of it.

THANKS GUYS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS! :D :D :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: