Pop Corals

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
188   0   0
You probably got the shortcake with little color from the beginning. These acros are very important to buy them fully colored. It could take a year for the color to come back if any. I have owned 5 huge colonies 8 to 10 inches plus and bought some fully colored put them in my tank with no issues. I also bought a piece that was somewhat browned out. It never colored and i ended up throwing it in the garbage. I have ai lights and 2 t5's to complement. These acros should be placed mid to high level with strong flow so they can absorb the nutrients.

Hope this helps.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
You probably got the shortcake with little color from the beginning. These acros are very important to buy them fully colored. It could take a year for the color to come back if any. I have owned 5 huge colonies 8 to 10 inches plus and bought some fully colored put them in my tank with no issues. I also bought a piece that was somewhat browned out. It never colored and i ended up throwing it in the garbage. I have ai lights and 2 t5's to complement. These acros should be placed mid to high level with strong flow so they can absorb the nutrients.

Hope this helps.

If you wanna sell a chunk of your next colony hit me up :)

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Damn 12" colony!

All I got is a frag under dinosaur lights.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360124638.547470.jpg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there are a lot of morphs out there, some being intensely colored and others less so. Certainly all tank parameters play a significant role in color intensity, lighting ,alk, nitrates and phosphates. Generally if those parameters are well maintained, then everything else is in line

5_zpsc5b2c2af.jpg

Last edited:

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Certainly all tank parameters play a significant role in color intensity, lighting ,alk, nitrates and phosphates. Generally if those parameters are well maintained, then everything else is in line.
I agree. I've been collecting alot of frags lately from different reefers all over NY & NJ and I've seen some amazing simply setup tanks. What they all had in common were that they all were serious about there nitrate and phosphate uptake. I don't even think it matters what kind of lights your running. I've seen expensive leds to old power compacts over some amazing reef tanks. Most of these guys don't even test there tanks anymore. Water parameters are way more important IMO. (especially your alk, nitrates and phosphates when it comes to coloring and growing sps)

tangmaniac

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
i agree. I've been collecting alot of frags lately from different reefers all over ny & nj and i've seen some amazing simply setup tanks. What they all had in common were that they all were serious about there nitrate and phosphate uptake. I don't even think it matters what kind of lights your running. I've seen expensive leds to old power compacts over some amazing reef tanks. Most of these guys don't even test there tanks anymore. Water parameters are way more important imo. (especially your alk, nitrates and phosphates when it comes to coloring and growing sps)

+1

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: