jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Over the last month this acro has really turned into something unique.... I never saw anything like it before. It started from a 1 1/2" frag that I thought was a blue tenuis about 6 months ago which I purchased from Samsky. Sam said that it was an aussie piece. I was looking through the top down viewer a few weeks ago and noticed the red polyps. You don't see the red very well when looking from the front, but the top down looks awesome. I'm curious to see how it develops.
It's a little over 3" now and growing fast. Hopefully within the next year I am able to get a couple frags in stable systems.

Short Video of the frag. Watch in full screen and use HD quality. This is exactly how it looks in person.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou6i4QK_V_c

I'll keep updating with growth pics.

(Jan 13th)

IMG_7517 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

FEB 10th

Feb 10 2014 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

March 12th

March 12 by rich.colombo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
bu7e8e4y.jpg

Here you go a pic of it!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Glad you guys like it. Kenny your frags are doing well. I like the vivid rainbow more than I thought originally ;) No color change on the frost table yet.

Thanks for posting pic Kres. I posted the video so everyone can see that it wasn't photoshopped. I can only imagine what a designer vendor would photoshop this to look like LOL

Actually check this out lol. Look what happens when you increase the saturation in iphoto. If I was to put this coral against a black background it would be in Canada selling for $750 per nub ;)

FAKE COLOR for all you skim readers

Attachments

• fake.jpg
    fake.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,412
Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Jenna :)

Rob, it's not a named frag. It was an Australian coral that looked like a blue tenuis. It was a nice deep solid blue. I bought the frag 6 months ago from a reefer taking down his tank. It's getting serious light right now. This is coral is only 4" or 5" below the water surface under a 400w radium. I'm sure the strong light has something to do with it.

Silky, I'm with you. With all the new australian stuff coming in you never know what your coral is going to change into.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Thanks Rob, me too

ricwilli, colors like this I believe are possible under LED, but IMO it harder to achieve the nutrient balance for this lighting. I won't put LED over my SPS until the system is old and established, with a good level of dissolved organics.

Thanks Jim

ValorG, lucky.. maybe ;) 20 years in the hobby, thousands of hours reading and seeing reefs, and many thousands of $$ spent. Sooner or later you find a nice coral hahaha :)

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
The colors are getting richer. Is the tip starting to table? Do you think it is a stag or a tabling acro? I ask because I have a stag that is now only growing in a tabling formation but looks cooler.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: