anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Have them and how do I get rid of them,

I have a sixline, I blew them off with a turky baster and the fish started to eat them I think??

I am going to do a 30 second dip of fresh water.

The acro looks to be doing great and full extenions.

So it is a mistery to me then.

qy7400

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Where's that picture of Joe Y in the Atlantis reef with a garden hose when you really need it....

Interceptor is the cure, you'll just need to find a vet to write the RX.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Where's that picture of Joe Y in the Atlantis reef with a garden hose when you really need it....

Interceptor is the cure, you'll just need to find a vet to write the RX.

That picture of Joe was him battling Acro flatworms not red bugs.

Yes you need to treat the whole tank with interceptor unless you have a small number of acros that you can remove from the system and treat in a QT. The treatment is pretty staright-forward and harmless to corals, clams, anemomes etc. I find most shrimp and hermits even survive treatment. Unfortunately, if you have Acro crabs they won't :( Don't panic and no need to rush, red bugs don't do damage quickly.

anthony27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.7%
88   3   0
Thank you all I am happy I have a dog so, I lucked out. I called island rescue and they said 6$ for the pack. Now how do I go about doing this I have a 40 breeder, does the skimmer have to be off or what. Will my star fish die in the tank

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Your starfish will be unaffected. Here is the original treatment protocol from Dustin Dorton of ORA : http://www.reefs.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=439155

Years of experience since has shown that the dosage given above is very conservative and much stronger doses have proven harmless to corals etc. Use it as a guide and don't stress over the exact measurements or time frame.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
any pics coral head
here you go of the lil F@#$%S
IMG_3146.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: