ricwilli

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The corals that I treated were browned out from the beginning and were damaged pretty bad. They are still hanging on. I will try to take some pics today. I haven't had any time to even dip them again. I'm hoping that the corals did not have any eggs. Even though I checked for them, but you never know. Pics to come.

ricwilli

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Here are the two frags that I dipped. As you can see that they are still browned out as before the dip. I have not dipped them again but I will soon enough. I have been visually inspecting them and have not notice any AEFW. I'm still planning on dipping them again though.

2ad5e31f.jpg

c3587e2e.jpg

armani4o3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Great info. I have a good method if i buy a Frag and dip it and it has aefw. I pull the Frag out of the dip and toss it in the trash. Will save you time and bs if you miss a single egg and it hits ur dt. Loss of the $$$ for a single Frag is better than losing ur whole dt. Just my 2 cents

JARRETT SHARK

Addicted to coral
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
What i do is i dip in coral rx then i use a tooth brush to scrub any eggs then rinse it with tank water, then i use tooth brush one more time.
But i put all frags in qt tank first then watch it for one week then dip again to make sure. I learned the hard way

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
if this is the case that it kills AEFW and there eggs and kill red bugs and there eggs without damaging the coral i am buying a case before someone changes the formula.it is a miracle product if it works the way you guys are saying

ricwilli

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Unfortunately, I lost 95 percent of my sps in a tank crash. So the corals that I dipped with the Bayer, all are gone. I still continue to dip all of the corals in Bayer before putting them in my display. I dip ALL sps, zoas, lps. ALL OF THEM and have not had any problems. I have switched to LED's and will document the recovery of them under the LED's.

Breakin Newz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I'm sorry to hear Richie if you need any pieces your welcome to come over and pick up frags for free from me....

Sent from my ADR6300 using Reefs

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
The bayer dip deffintly works. It will really mess up aefw and has the strength yo kill them. I used the perscibed amount and then after they fell off I blasted them with a tad more to see if it killed them. It did. Also to combat any eggs I would seperate the sps coral from any plug or disk and glue any dead or exsposed skeleton of the coral to catch the eggs. And as of now I will be running a qt tank for any new incoming coral to watch for a two week period before introducing to the display tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: