Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2015, 03:05 PM
Reefer Ratings: (69 (100%)
Friends: (6)
Send a Private Message
Havent been to the new place, but I wasn't a fan of the old place. Yes its the best on staten island, because its pretty much the only one on staten island. The crap they got in the chain stores are horrible.

I think they are way over priced for the stuff they got. IMO, go just to see some cool stuff but order your stuff online.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
I just left there today, they have a Koran angel with pop eye, they had some nice corals way over priced. The same metallic green wellso they have i bought in brooklyn for $65 and they had it for $115.
They are in a new store so its cleaner than the old one for now. It looks like they are headed in the same direction as the last store. Anyone that went in there knows, all of their fish were always sick. People would walk in and walk right out including me. I always love checking out fish stores even when I am not particularly looking to buy something. There is always a possibility of walking into a store and buying something when you don't expect to but never from this place.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:48 PM
Reefer Ratings: (56 (100%)
Friends: (56)
Send a Private Message
Yea they are back to there old tricks. DO NOT Buy water from them! I started my 45g with there water and been having high PO4 issues since. They are selling tap water as RO and once it's mixed with salt you can't test the TDS of it accurately. Buyer beware
Old 05-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Reefer Ratings: (69 (100%)
Friends: (6)
Send a Private Message
Yeah i developed a hatred toward them after I tried to sell them some coral from my tank. Gave them a whole bucket full of various corals and an RBTA i believe.

They offered me $30 off a blue hippo tang and a credit for a mandarin dragonet that he wrote down on a piece of paper and told me he would call me when they got them in next so i could come pick it up. Well I went back the next day to see how he priced the stuff i brought him... he had the stuff listed for all together for over $400, plus i never got the call for that mandarin.

I mean i know you gotta make a buck, but over 1000% profit? common now.