Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2019, 03:25 PM
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (5)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcutugno View Post
Thanks for the advice Mark, I may take you up on that offer. I saw the pictures of your tanks in another thread, and they looks awesome! You have a lot of frags in the smaller one, do you trade? Any communities that you are part of? Also, what stores do you visit most often? I am between Pieces of the Ocean on Hylan, Aquatic Obsessions in Jersey, and (the occasional) stop in at Petco.

What kind of tank is the larger one? I am looking at SCAquariums.

Thank you for the complement. The 40 gal is my mushroom/grow out/ frag tank and is run off the same sump as the 180 gal. I do trade here and there and also post frags up for sale. I haven't bought many corals in awhile but most of the ones I have I bought or acquired were from fellow hobbyist and a few good friends. The 180 gal is a Marineland tank and has been up going on almost 6 years now. My first saltwater tank I set up was when I was 15 years old so I have been in the hobby roughly 30 years and still learning new things lol. I like meeting new people so the offer is always open.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:43 AM
Reefer Ratings: (3 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
I definitely recommend going to visit mark great guy awesome set up. Also anyone interested in coming by or trading/Buying some zoas let me know. I'm over in Bulls head near Moore HS. Just shoot me a PM.