Edward86

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Hey guys, decided to share some pics of the progress my tank has gone through. I got this tank back in June from a member (jonnyj). I had a 57g deep blue, didn't get far due to moving to a different place. This basically is my first tank.
Some of the equipments I'm using are:
Mag 7
Bermuda skimmer
Megaflow 3 sump
Filter socks
Two tunze powerheads
Cadlights led unit
Heater

Live stock

2-clown fish
1-6 line wrasse
1-coral beauty angelfish
1-blue hippo tang ( I know what most of you guys are gonna say, the tang is about an inch, it has plenty of room to swim. The day it starts out growin the tank I'll get him/her a new home)
2-cleaner shimp
1-blood red shrimp
3- Mexican snails
3- hermit crabs
Live rocks and 3 inch deep sandbed

Corals
Green star polyps
Frogspawn
Open brain
Bubble coral
Plate coral
Favia

Let's start with the pictures( phone pics)

583eb397.jpg

ddaa83c6.jpg

79d81d23.jpg

f9e2b59c.jpg

69a9a89c.jpg

Added some livestock and change the landscape a little bit.
d04c0ac5.jpg

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Pretty tank :)

How long are you running your lights?

..and yes, I will comment on the Hippo...:flirt:...by the day it starts outgrowing the tank it will already be 'stunted' in some way. Internal organs do not always develop to their full potential, so it may have a shortened life and be undersized as an adult.
Equally important is the level of stress being in a severely undersized tank will bring. I'm sure you already know these fish are well know as ich-magnets. These fish are from the OCEAN, a 33g tank is like raising a child in a closet. Please reconsider re-homing the hippo and getting more size appropriate citizens for your reef :)

...otherwise, looking good and best of luck with it!

Edward86

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Pretty tank :)

How long are you running your lights?

..and yes, I will comment on the Hippo...:flirt:...by the day it starts outgrowing the tank it will already be 'stunted' in some way. Internal organs do not always develop to their full potential, so it may have a shortened life and be undersized as an adult.
Equally important is the level of stress being in a severely undersized tank will bring. I'm sure you already know these fish are well know as ich-magnets. These fish are from the OCEAN, a 33g tank is like raising a child in a closet. Please reconsider re-homing the hippo and getting more size appropriate citizens for your reef :)

...otherwise, looking good and best of luck with it!
Thanks, I'm running my day lights for 8 hours. Is 8 hour too much?
About the hippo i do plan on getting it a new home.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks, I'm running my day lights for 8 hours. Is 8 hour too much?
About the hippo i do plan on getting it a new home.

I see a little bit of fuzzy algae starting to form, so was wondering if it might be your lighting cycle. Try and be careful of how much you feed and if you are using frozen food, be sure to rinse it before adding it to the tank :)

...the hippo will thank you ;)

Edward86

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I see a little bit of fuzzy algae starting to form, so was wondering if it might be your lighting cycle. Try and be careful of how much you feed and if you are using frozen food, be sure to rinse it before adding it to the tank :)

...the hippo will thank you ;)
Thanks again for the all the advices, I'm gonna follow those tips and see if I can stop the algae b4 it gets worse.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: