HanKami

Mentalism
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Whats up MR, its been a long time since I posted anything, so i'm going to start with this New Thread. I have a project that i'm working on its called "Project Reef".
First thing i want to do is build the stand for the tank (Dimensions of Tank 30"x30"x19") Hope $60 at Home Depot is good

3- 8ft 2x4=$12
1- Sheet of finished plywood=$18
1- 8ft Crown moulding= $12
2- Hinges= $5
1- Handle= $5

Project Reef in effect, pictures will be posted threw the project stay tuned.

HanKami

Mentalism
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The start of the frames:

TheProject.jpg

Oneframe.jpg

TwoFrames.jpg

HanKami

Mentalism
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
@Reefs4life i did't plan on putting 2x4 in the middle of the squares. for added support i'm thinking about cutting some of the 1 1/2" plywood and support the four inner corners. Thanx for the question

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
I personally wouldn't trust plywood to hold up the bulk of the tank weight. Plus doesn't plywood warp and peel when it gets moist/wet

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Reefs
+1. Congrats on the build but that doesn't look structurally safe to me. Apart from the apparent lack of vertical support, what's going to prevent it from swaying to the side?

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Agreed, you need some vertical support. Maybe some 2x4 in the back corners, and front corners..

I'm waiting to see someone top their stand with a piece of granite or Corian for the tank to sit on..

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I personally wouldn't trust plywood to hold up the bulk of the tank weight. Plus doesn't plywood warp and peel when it gets moist/wet

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Reefs
Most store bought stands are made out of MDF and then laminated. If he seals it or paints it it will be ok.

looking good on the stand build, but please put apiece in the back and the front.
to add lateral strength.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: