Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Tony, as for heaters I've had many different brands, and not a one can I say was with out worries.:( The first to go bad on me was a Visitherm glass: That one got stuck on On, and boiled my fish.;( The last two that went bad were the Titanium ones; those two burst. One in my fowlr/anemone tank killing everything, and darn near electrocuting me as well. The other killed almost all my fish, and just about every sps in my reef. I now have the Ebo Jagers, and if it wasn't for the therm controllers you cannot trust their internal temp control either. What ever heater you go with PLEASE use them with a controller buddy, and still check them periodically.
I don't know much about leds or T5, I will be switching to Wingo's leds in the near future. You might want to check with him before you make your purchase.
ATO I did have a diy one that I hated, now I have a Reef Fanatic which I like a lot.;)
Sand, I loved my "Old SouthDown", but that is no longer available.:( I am currently leaning towards the "QUIKRETE Play Sand" sold at Lowes.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
possible stand and sump layout

Attachments

• stand.jpg
    stand.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 514
  • sump.jpg
    sump.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 514

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Holy crap Tony!!! What's up bro!!

I'm planning the same setup as soon as wifey gets into the workforce. (if anyone has a lead for a new grad RN let me know:biggrin:)

I'm thinking 60 gallon deep blue rimless, two mp10s with battery back up and the new ecotech radion led lights which are sick.

Steven

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
rkara i really dunno lol. i figured less bubbles in every compartment. but i would only need 1 on the left side. thanks rkara

the sump size is going to be prob a 30 or 40 gallon tank something that is 36" long.

wats up steve how you been?... nothing much at all just working my arse off and getting this tank rolling.

Last edited:

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
This will also help you with less bubbles make the last baffle on the right, just before the return 1-2" below your running water level of your skimmer, this way you don't have a water fall affect. you have to design it so you can piece of egg crate their.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
ok so i was doing some thinking and was going to give the stand a try with aluminum 1 5/8" unistrut its readily available to me so might as well use it and try to make something really nice.
And another plus is that once its all tied together its extremely sturdy.

what do you guys think i would have to implement L brackets and possible splice plates to make this work.

Last edited:

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
if you are going to use a filter sock, you don't need the first baffle. you can take that out and add that dimension to your fuge.
and also depending on what pump you decide, you might have to adjust the bubble baffles, I see that you have 1" height, and 3" space between baffles, if you are using 1/4" glass, that would be 1 1/4" space between baffles. I would try to keep them all the same.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: