Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just bought one of these tanks today. But when I got it home and gave it a good look over, I don't think I like it. The bottom trim is cheap, the glass doesn't really look that clear and the overflow is HUGE. It takes up the whole center of the tank. I know a couple of you guys have them. Let me know what you think about my crying. Am I just being to picky?

Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OK, I gave it another examination. The front part of the overflow is a separate piece. So I think I will cut it a little and make it as flat as possible. That might save me about 1 1/2" 0r 2". The bottom trim I can cover up with the stand. And The tank is in the basement. So maybe the lighting just sucks to see the full potential of the glass. I think i'm going to keep it. I will start a new thread when it starts coming together.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Do these tanks scratch easily?
Because I always seem scratch my tanks with the magnet float cleaner.

Yes they scratch easily. stay away from the mag floats with these.
If you want a magnetic cleaner, get something like the aqueon one, that has a pad for acrylic.
I use a Mr clean magic eraser for the glass, but thats just me. Some people don't agree.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
OK, I gave it another examination. The front part of the overflow is a separate piece. So I think I will cut it a little and make it as flat as possible. That might save me about 1 1/2" 0r 2". The bottom trim I can cover up with the stand. And The tank is in the basement. So maybe the lighting just sucks to see the full potential of the glass. I think i'm going to keep it. I will start a new thread when it starts coming together.

The side on my overflow are reinforced with glass. Not sure how much u can trim.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0

The front of the overflow is not 2 pieces. There is a piece that is held on with a couple nuts on the inside! I would not cut the overflow!!!

Flashy2003

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The front of the overflow is not 2 pieces. There is a piece that is held on with a couple nuts on the inside! I would not cut the overflow!!!

Yours might be different than mine. Because the front of my overflow is a separate piece from the two sides. It is just held in place by silicone. It has a very small caulk joint on the out side. I was going to leave the sides alone and just shrink the front piece in. The front bow sticks out 2" past the sides. My Oceanic is 5" deep. And the deep blues is 7"

Last edited:

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Yours might be different than mine. Because the front of my overflow is a separate piece from the two sides. It is just held in place by silicone. It has a very small caulk joint on the out side. I was going to leave the sides alone and just shrink the front piece in. The front bow sticks out 2" past the sides. My Oceanus is 5" deep. And the deep blues is 7"

Mine is 2 piece also.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: