Rating - 100%
227   0   0
ron - a polyp popped out of the gorg stump. there's hope!!! added 3 banggais from ryun. and a MJ zoa frag from carlos!

matty - still haven't taken the leap with the lanthanum yet. po4 has dropped from .79 to .7 in the past month naturally. i've cut back on feedings & light. wait & see...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
it has been a while since i've updated this. i haven't been taking care of the tank as much as i should have since i was expecting my 3rd. since leilani was born this past december, i've let cyano take over & lost many LPS & zoas. many of the original frags i got from ron, awilda, luke, harry, and alan & prize pieces from coral theory melted away. the sandbed was littered with frag plugs covered only in coraline. even the indestructible GSP & xenia died off. many of my fish didn't make it either - i was down to an anthias pair, an ocellaris & black clown pair, and one purple firefish. i was embarrassed & ashamed to let them die, but my girls didn't want me to give up. then there's the "honey do" list that just kept growing. the biweekly water changes went to quarterly. the tank looked dismal until 2 months ago. :letitallo

but over the summer, i started building my "fish nook" in my basement. i hope to do less with more. stay tuned for my "final" upgrade. :teeth:

Attachments

• IMAG1182.jpg
    IMAG1182.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Good for you that you have taken back control of the tank! I admire your candor and look forward to what you will do with the tank going forward :)

..and congrats on # 3 ;)

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Good for you that you have taken back control of the tank! I admire your candor and look forward to what you will do with the tank going forward :)

..and congrats on # 3 ;)

thx, kathy. undecided with the 40BR - possible QT conversion. planning sump designs for the 125G & 168G now. :biggrin:

how's grandparenting? :tongue:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Doug, don't beat yourself up to much buddy. Many of us have been there, it happens, and then we take the reigns back, and the tanks end up looking better then ever.;)

Summers are tough with all the "have to do list".:( You see what happened to mine; lost all of my SPS, and quite a bit of my lps as well.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
sorry for the late reply, MGE. i never got around to take a pic for you. i have since upgraded to a 125. how's your build now? all the best.

Check the last few pages of my build thread...lots of new things happening! Jealous about the 125. I've lost my mind and done a bunch of crazy stuff. Plumbed in 2x 30g tanks as display fuge/gorg/nps tanks, just upgraded to the GHL Mitras lx6100 LEDs with hyperviolet...should be arriving soon. Just bought a 2nd mp10...like I said...lots of changes...lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: