fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I haven't updated in a while. The tank has gone through some lows. I had that huge cyano outbreak, the impeller on my return pump shaped and the same thing happened with my skimmer pump. I lost my sour apple birdsnest, microthamellia and for some reason my king midas zoas disappeared and so did the orange and black zoas I got from pets warehouse are gone also.
Since my skimmer took a crap about a month ago, everything has been doing great. Idk why but the cyano is gone and my corals are actually showing full pe and look awesome, I've gotten great growth and the tank just looks great overall. I'm running skimmerless for now and I'm doing 5 gal water changes every couple of days. I haven't really added anything new due to no extra funds :-\ bottom still enjoying tank. Here are some pics
CAM00852.jpg

CAM00849.jpg

CAM00846.jpg

CAM00845.jpg

CAM00843.jpg

CAM00841.jpg

CAM00840.jpg

CAM00839.jpg

CAM00837.jpg

CAM00836.jpg

CAM00835.jpg

CAM00834.jpg

CAM00833.jpg

CAM00832.jpg

CAM00830.jpg

CAM00828.jpg

CAM00827.jpg

CAM00831.jpg

CAM00829.jpg

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Well, I haven't updated this thread in a long time. It's mainly due to nothing really changing lol. I've been running skimmerless for about 6 months now. The red slime has been gone for about the same amount of time. I'm gonna go all softies and Lps. I'm not liking the maintenance on Sps
I did get a new addition the other day. It's a Copperband butterfly. I know they are hard to keep but I have a good feeling about this fish. I've been watching him for several weeks and he's was eating flake and brine at the lfs. He's been in my tank for 3 days, so far, and I have him eating live black worms and Formula 1 frozen cubes.
I want to get rid of my humbug damsels, so I have more options for another fish. I don't know what I'm going to get yet but definitely want the humbug out.
I also plan on buying another protein skimmer soon. I've been getting away without one but, with the new copperband, I want to feed more.
That's about it for now. I leave you with a pic of my new favorite fish. I hope I can give him the care it takes to keep him happy for a long time :)
bu7epume.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: