Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2015, 10:06 PM
REEF ON!
Moderator: This member is a Moderator. - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Friends: (58)
Send a Private Message
i would go with a 90 if you are looking to grow out sps corals

200DD Upgrade

RIP Frank (FRY). You will be missed.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:07 PM
REEF ON!
Send a Private Message
Also get the house plans (if possible) and see how much the floor support can take in weight. Ideal tank is 120 gallon...

200DD Upgrade

Old 01-04-2015, 10:11 PM
Reefer Ratings: (22 (100%)
Friends: (13)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyscoots84 View Post
sunny the wife would kill me seriously My basement is only 5' tall which is not ideal for a sump area and a frag tank
Well, I got your mindset changed on the stand. I will keep trying on this one as well - LMAO!

Last edited by Tonyscoots84; 01-04-2015 at 10:17 PM..
Old 01-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Reefer Ratings: (17 (100%)
Friends: (8)
Send a Private Message My Facebook
once I can get my rodbuilding shop in the basement Ill pull out a few wood strips to see the subfloor. That will be a outside wall ,house is 2 fam brick but built in the 60s my 40 is on the opposite wall. I had a 65 fowlr tank there years ago. I think I can get away with a 90. I think 120 is pushing it. I now own the house with my gf and her mom in the down stairs apt. since she lives down stairs she kinda has to agree she hates fish tanks and is old school german she thinks everything is gonna be a disaster lol.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:27 PM
REEF ON!
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny View Post
Well, I got your mindset changed on the stand. I will keep trying on this one as well - LMAO!
Yea i was going crazy trying to figure a way to make it happen but there was no way .... So more work for me

200DD Upgrade

Old 01-04-2015, 10:31 PM
REEF ON!
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ15 View Post
once I can get my rodbuilding shop in the basement Ill pull out a few wood strips to see the subfloor. That will be a outside wall ,house is 2 fam brick but built in the 60s my 40 is on the opposite wall. I had a 65 fowlr tank there years ago. I think I can get away with a 90. I think 120 is pushing it. I now own the house with my gf and her mom in the down stairs apt. since she lives down stairs she kinda has to agree she hates fish tanks and is old school german she thinks everything is gonna be a disaster lol.
I'm pretty sure if you can get what the floor support is (for example 2x12 ect. someone here can tell you what is the most you can have on that floor.) If you put the tank across the beams not going with it, i think you will be fine for the most part. But find out please

200DD Upgrade

Old 09-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Reefer Ratings: (5 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
what mode do you run your vortechs?