Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hey guys this is my future tank upgrade thread. I decided (well with permission from the wife) to upgrade my tank which will be a 80 gallon deep blue rimless or with a rim dunno yet 48x24x16. I plan on putting a fuge in the sump as well, something i really wanted for my cube but no room in my cube :irked:

i plan on using acrylic rods and stacking dry rock to make pillars and branching rocks with that as well.

Upgrade will be happening beginning of next year.

things i will need

Tank
custom built stand (Father and Son time :scratch: :beer:)
2 vortech mp40 w
Ati 6 or 8 bulb sunpower fixture 48"
reef octopus 3000 or 5000 internal skimmer or just use the one i have reef octopus ssss 2000
sump (dont know what size yet) any recommendations? maybe 30 gallon breeder 36 3/16 x18 1/4 x12 15/16 :scratch:
Plumbing
salt
Dead Rock

What i have that will be used

Eheim 1262 return pump
Phosban reactor
Apex
Heaters
Dosing pump
Tunze ATO
Live Rock

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
crazy... you have no idea :lol2: i need room below, i want a fuge, and room to work inside the stand. and want to be able to create something great with the aquascape and i def. can accomplish that with the 80 gallon :biggrin:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Again Tony?? I thought I was bad. My tank only been up 2 weeks and I already have more corals than you ;-p and you getting a bigger tank??

You got more money than patience!

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Oh my god 5 corals and he thinks he is a expert already. Dude you just added corals last week in this tank that took a year. Why are you upgrading only 20 gallons dude if your thinking of upgrading you cant go 20 gallons more. its a limit of 40 gallons or its not done :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Einsteins definition of insanity was doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results :shocked:

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: