Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I am upgrading from my 120gallon reef to a marineland 300 .my current system has 250 gallons of water my new syatem will have about 375 heres a few pics of the tank and it going into the wall .

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358339132588.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358339132588.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 989
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I am going to attempt thebone ibhave for now its the royal exclusive vertex alpha cone 200. If I need to, I will get the 300 instead or a bubble king 300 . I called vertex and they told me as long as I dont go nuts with getting to many more larger fish I will be fine with the 200 well see what happens .

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I read some where that they are not making this tank anymore...right? I think I need to find one and put in in my garage until I'm ready to upgrade...

It is looking great. A deep tank like that will look awesome in the wall.

Deepseabeauti

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally someone else doing a 300DD. Ive been working on mine for over a year. The display is upstairs and all my equipment is in my basement. What are you doing with the stock overflows? What lighting are you running?

Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Cool im using the stock overflows .I dont really see the need to have such a huge turnover rate .if u do some reading u will find the same info .some people arebusing all 4 holes for drains and running pipes up the side with seaswirls for returns .I just dont see the need for that much turnover ...as for lighting im using my halides for now there will be 3 - 250 watt raduims with lumaibrit reflectors .I also have some led for blues .I am planning on going witht the vertex illumina 360 when I really decide if thats the route I wanna go az for now im not ready to give up my halides .for flow I have an mp60, mp40, tunze wave box ..plus my return .I want more of a wave action since I am planning on making it still a mixed reef with sps .I love my lps and like when they sway .I ordered a new calcuim reactor the vertex rg6 duo which will be here monday

Deepseabeauti

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool im using the stock overflows .I dont really see the need to have such a huge turnover rate .if u do some reading u will find the same info .some people arebusing all 4 holes for drains and running pipes up the side with seaswirls for returns .I just dont see the need for that much turnover ...as for lighting im using my halides for now there will be 3 - 250 watt raduims with lumaibrit reflectors .I also have some led for blues .I am planning on going witht the vertex illumina 360 when I really decide if thats the route I wanna go az for now im not ready to give up my halides .for flow I have an mp60, mp40, tunze wave box ..plus my return .I want more of a wave action since I am planning on making it still a mixed reef with sps .I love my lps and like when they sway .I ordered a new calcuim reactor the vertex rg6 duo which will be here monday

Sounds like you have everything planed out. My biggest obstacle has been money.

I was planning on going with a modified herbi drain for my tank and like you descibed the returnes over the side. My tank is in my office and I want it as quiet as possible. I have three 175w MH 14K with DIY luminac reflectors. I have a reflow barracuda return pump im going to use and Im going to run my C-skim skimmer I have on my current 125g set up for now. My tank load is very low since I really only have a few fish and mostly soft corals. I run two mp40s, Im sure I will be supplementing them depending on my aquacape.

Here is a link to my build on RC http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2101774

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: