Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Definitely helps, but way out of my price range! I bet that skims nice like you mentioned. Have any updated pics FTS?

I hear you, I'm glad I bought this one though. I was looking at the Bubble King and Vertex. Those are crazy expensive. I heard SWC's are good also, not sure I've only owned Reef Octopus and love them. I'm in the process of posting new pics, need a better camera as the iPad is not so great. The tank is only 4 months old and it's doing great so far. I've been trying something different now, doing water changes twice a week (10 gallons each time) and feeding on the heavy side and noticed better colors and PE. I'll continue doing that for now, probably will remove the Biopellets as I'm not convinced they benefit my tank. Will see.

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I hear you, I'm glad I bought this one though. I was looking at the Bubble King and Vertex. Those are crazy expensive. I heard SWC's are good also, not sure I've only owned Reef Octopus and love them. I'm in the process of posting new pics, need a better camera as the iPad is not so great. The tank is only 4 months old and it's doing great so far. I've been trying something different now, doing water changes twice a week (10 gallons each time) and feeding on the heavy side and noticed better colors and PE. I'll continue doing that for now, probably will remove the Biopellets as I'm not convinced they benefit my tank. Will see.

Nice. That's a good idea. More frequent water changes I've read do help color up and better PE. I don't have time twice a week or else I'd try that too. I have a Reef Octopus HOB skimmer now (the bh-100) for my 55. But since I got the 75 and now have room under my stand to put my 20 long sump, I can put an in-sump skimmer now instead. Been hovering over the marketplace looking for a nice catch.

Can't wait to see updated pics, my ipad sucks at taking pics too.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Update:

Haven't posted in awhile, very busy at home with the wife and kids. Bought a sunburst anthias, a red saddled anthias, blood shrimp and a cleaner shrimp. They're all doing great so far. The sunburst is very shy but it comes out a few times a day so far. Switched to Aquavitro Salinity salt and love it. All my levels are spot on, doing 10 gallon water change once a week. Had a bit of cyano a few weeks ago, not sure if it was due to changing salt mixes, went from IO, Red Sea Pro to Aquavitro in a month and a half (bad idea) but aftera few water changes it is gone. Will post pics in a day or so.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: