ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
working on getting tank settled and need to more coral onto the rock work. probably do some of that today. finally getting some algae bloom and things are doing well. sorry for crap photos as my iphone5 is getting fixed! i will post some more soon. also still working on getting radions dialed in.

SAM_0465.JPG

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
finally got my phone back and got a quick update for everyone. got my new skimmer in and breaking in. tank is coming along, just need to do some adjusting on the radions and dial things in a bit. had some high nitrates and did a 60 gal change today which brang them down to 10ppm. wil be doing another one mid week to hopefully get them near 0. i will throw more pictures up tomorrow.

IMG_1710.jpg
IMG_1705.jpg

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
looks great!

Why do you have 2 filter bags on the drain into the sump?

Do you have plans for the 3 valves near the ceiling yet? I'm trying to come up with some ideas for my new setup.

Can you show a photo of the pipe going through the wall from the pump?

1. that was an extra 5 micron bag i added to remove fines from the sand. i only run 1 bag
2. they where put in for possible future use. using one for feed to a refugium right now. other 2 not needed right now.
3. pipe going through the wall is just for the plumbing into the chiller.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
2. they where put in for possible future use. using one for feed to a refugium right now. other 2 not needed right now.

Is there a difference on where in the line a refugium is fed? On my last setup, where the fuge was a section of my sump, I had 1 of the tank drains go into the refugium with no sock filter so excess food and stuff would go in there. Then it went into my skimmer chamber and return pump. The other drain went into a sock filter and then to skimmer chamber and return pump. I'm just wondering what is a better setup... getting water into the fuge before or after it's filtered from the DT?

3. pipe going through the wall is just for the plumbing into the chiller.

Cool, so 1 pipe into and out of the chiller then you split it into 2 and both go upstairs... any reason you don't have 1 pipe going upstairs then splitting it right before returning to the tank?

Do you have check valves and where are they located?

Thanks for the help... I'm designing my setup now with sump/fuge in my basement. Will post drawing on my tank thread soon...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: