Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Rachid,

I'll take you up on the offer in the next month or so :)

Was good to see you at the FFM

Did you buy anything special this weekend?

Jim. C.

Yeah come by whenever you want boss. Maybe by then, Howard and i will organize another club meeting at my place. Regarding the FFM, i really just enjoyed the event man. Very very cool because it was for a great cause and I had a chance to meet John to hear about how he started the whole event. I bought several flower nems to start another rock, some acans, very cool Monti from my buddy Vinny and a bunch of dry goods etc which are nice to support a few of the LFS's.

JustAnt

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Wow Jim! Sorry about your Display tank! I?m just reading thread now. I got to see the tack at one of the Westchester club meet ups and was impressed beyond belief as a newbie back then.

Anyway hope you are having success now bring things back to life..

Regards, Anthony

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JustAnt

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Jim, Gills closed its doors a few days ago.

Any story why Gills closed? I was there about 6 weeks before they closed and they told me business was great. And the store was always crowded. I don?t think we have any stores left in lower westchester. Not sure if there are any in the northern part of county.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Gills was doing good the first year. But notice decline in ordering saltwater fish in second year. Between Westchester high rent and over head might of played a role and partnership. Unless someone hits the lotto that loves the hobby. We might never see LFS in Westchester. Good that Gills maintiance services is doing good. Just don't understand Larchmont, New Rochelle, Mamaroneck, Rye, Harrison, White plains, Yonkers, no LFS. Might tell you hobby not doing well. Or online is having a more impact than we know. Over 25 years ago the hobby was less popular. We had a lot more LFS.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: