71   0   0
I mount the fixture onto the wall with a right angle bracket. See picture

Attachments

• Fixture 1.jpg
    Fixture 1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 447
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post an update for anyone struggling with noise from the over flow and drain line into the pump. When I first setup this tank the overflow was extremely loud; it was sucking a lot of air with the water. Originally I had a Eheim Compact 3000 which provided too much flow; went down to the 2000 model and adjusted the output to a point where the overflow was a lot quieter. Next I removed that flexible drain pipe and created a new drain out of 1 1/4 PVC pipe. Through trial and error I found the best solution was a straight drain with 2 45 deg bends before the filter sock and then another 45 on the end of the drain pipe about 1 inch below the water. The system is practically silent, I still cant believe I got it so quiet. I'll post pictures later if anyone wants to see.

pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post an update for anyone struggling with noise from the over flow and drain line into the pump. When I first setup this tank the overflow was extremely loud; it was sucking a lot of air with the water. Originally I had a Eheim Compact 3000 which provided too much flow; went down to the 2000 model and adjusted the output to a point where the overflow was a lot quieter. Next I removed that flexible drain pipe and created a new drain out of 1 1/4 PVC pipe. Through trial and error I found the best solution was a straight drain with 2 45 deg bends before the filter sock and then another 45 on the end of the drain pipe about 1 inch below the water. The system is practically silent, I still cant believe I got it so quiet. I'll post pictures later if anyone wants to see.
I'd love to see what you've done. Do you have a tank thread somewhere?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture is attached. The drain sits about 1 inch below the water and has a 45 degree elbow on it. The flexible drain that comes with the tank is so damn noisy, removing that eliminated so much noise. Like I said; originally i had way too much flow going through the sump so I downgraded the pump. Its not operating at its slowest speed - was trial and error making adjustments until the sucking/gurgling sound disappeared from the overflow. The system is virtually silent now.

Attachments

• IMG_4399.jpg
    IMG_4399.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 323

Djbetterly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Where did you get the metric fittings? I really hate the flex tube as well, I cut mine down big time. I also ended up going with a waveline DC pump so I could easily adjust the flow, that's been a huge help for me.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: