Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Hi.
Finaly getting around to a new build thread. New to NY as well.

I had a nuvo 30, but the back wall was cracked, & IM discontinued them. So I ended up with the Fusion 40. This is a well built tank. (Compared to their last line).

Tank filled Sunday Sep. 21st.
Running now:
2- RW4's
IM reactor (GFO for cycle)
X2 IM media baskets - will be ordering InTanks (just came out today)
Ghost Skimmer
Colbalt 100W
JBJ ATO & Aqualifter
JBJ Cabinet
Ikea (4 each Cabinet led's)

30# Marco Dry Rock (acid washed)
18# Dry Sand

~any thoughts on coral placement on this structure much appreciated.
Looking to do a light mixed reef.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 549

NYfishies

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have the same tank which is about 2 months old. Love it.

I like your aquascape. That is a clever idea with the PVC pipe to form a solid base under the substrate.

You mention "X2 IM media baskets - will be ordering InTanks (just came out today)" - can you elaborate? I use the IM Custom Cady's (1 as a refugium). Are these better media baskets made by InTanks?

Will you continue to use the reactor after you cycle?

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Thank everyone.
Been trying to get this up and running since May. (Also paying for a wedding$$)

As far as the custom caddies / baskets. The InTank ones are tilted to capture better water flow, got an e-mail from them yesterday.

I have my power heads in the back overflow wall and the magnets don't allow the custom caddies to fit properly.

I had to shave a bit off of the bottom shelf to go around the magnet and use a wedge to capture the water. They work well though.

The Media reactor is running GFO to strip the last amount of phos. Out of the dry rock. I did acid wash them, just being extra cautious. I will be adding plenty of nutrients down the road, want to start clean.
I hope to not need it, but if I do its there.

I want to just run carbon in it when the tanks going.

I may loose a media basket as well due to no room for probes. Ill cut one / rig one of IM caddies to be just a filter floss holder.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I thought about Apex, being such a small tank. I don't really need to control anything but the heater / chiller. Monitor Temp & PH is it.

All the other equipment is being run on their own controllers through a DJ serge.

When I move / buy a house in a couple years, that will be a different story because I will build big!

If I start to monitor via my phone etc..like Apex I would become obsessed even more and probably Not get much work done.

Also wanted the extra cash for the Light.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: