jaywee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Hey all,

First time posting a tank thread on MR. I've recently set up a Fluval M60.

Equipment
Fluval M60 (24g) AIO
Fluval Sea PS1 Protein Skimmer
2 X Fluval Sea Full Spectrum LED
Fluval Sea CP1 Circulation Pump
Jebao WP10 Wave Maker
IM-24 Media Basket (Filter Floss, Purigen, Chemi-Pure Elite)
Neptune Apex Controller
Tunze Osmolator ATO

Livestock
1X Snowflake Clown
2 X Yellow Tail Damsel
Ton of snails
All sorts of corals

15698131525_d62c05e483_c.jpg

I'm contented with the ?? Bonsai-style aqua scape. Really suits my mixed reef concept and the challenge that comes with the placement of SPS and LPS corals.

15512749918_31b34d4094_c.jpg

I'm not doing sand beds anymore. Bad experiences with my previous tanks so I went with a bare bottom. So much easier to maintain and I just love the clean aesthetic.

15078797423_df93a7c4c7_c.jpg

My little garden of Acan and Blasto. I still cannot tell the difference between acan and blastos. So for you experts out there, please ID for me and tell me if I should be moving some of these away.

15699735102_da41e96373_c.jpg

My little SPS haven. The Hydnophora is growing insanely fast. And my Snowflake clown has been with me for a long time. What a trooper. But a nasty one. Killed every other clown I try to pair it with.

15696226401_c7135e6e32_c.jpg

Thanks for looking guys. Some of my corals are in shock from the move. My Hammers and Aussie Duncans are closed up and I hope they will perk up soon. I'll be trying to create a little zoa garden below the Montipora on the right.

And last but not least, I LOVE THIS HOBBY.

Last edited by a moderator:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Your setups are proper!!

See the red ringed green center *blasto* in the center of your garden. The one to the right of it and down a little also looks like one but not 100% almost looks like candy cane type coral forget the right name.

jaywee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Nice setup bro. Love the aquascape. Missing that 70?
How do you like the fluval lights?
I am missing my 70 haha. But i love this nano too. Next will be a 300 gallon when I move to a house.

The fluval led lights are surprisingly good dude. Colors are really good. But I like to hang my lights so I have full access from the top. So I'm gonna sell these fluvals soon and get the Nano Box duo. Or if no one buys my Maxspect I might just use it. But its overkill with the maxspect. Will probably only run it at 40%.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: