Rating - 100%
1   0   0
fish.jpg

I know its nothing big but i just started it,but still any suggestions on how to customize it

Last edited:

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
  • Add more water to the tank.
  • Get a background to hide wires, equipment behind the tank.
  • Take the bubble corner filter out of the tank.
  • Add more live rock.
  • Return damsels to LFS in the bubble corner filter; they're not needed to cycle a tank with LR

bergerd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Wow, that LR surely looks great. Where did you get such wonderful pieces?!! Oh, from me? Never mind. One thought, a small tank is difficult for experts and beginners alike. Chemistry changes happen too quickly to correct. Don't for get regular water changes to help keep water good. Good Luck on your new hobby. David aka Doc aka bergerd

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
I assume you're doing a FOWLR tank with those lights. Two damsels will start beefing real quick in a 10 gallon. You may want to go with some more peaceful nano fish just so that you can fit more in there without darwin constantly knocking you back down to a one fish tank. Otherwise cool setup.

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
nice look but like deano said add more water lose the corner filter.gobies are nice i got a clown goby from will,i thought my clownfish would eat him but i think those are cool nano fish. oh yes dont cycle with damsels please.:eek: you should try one shrimp from the fishmarket.

ReeferGoneMad

I Smoke Live Rocks
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
get a skimmer and use that aqua clear as a fuge. i have done this to my 29 gallon and after the cycle was over and i packed it with corals i have had an undetectable amount of nitrate. Just throw at least 2-3 inches of sand and maybe some type of caulerpa add a light but avoid bubble as with ur small tank the chemistry changes could cause it to go sexual. also get some cheatomorpha and listen to everything Deanos told u. Best of luck. Oh and get a firefish they are one of the most peaceful fish i have ever owned some of the purple ones could be nasty though i have a regular red one

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how would i use the aquaclear as a fuge can you show me(pics) or tell me how to do it.also what does a fuge containes(please be detailed with me).and what is caulerpa and how do bubbles change my tank sexual?i never heard that before

Last edited:

DonCisco

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
caulerpa is a type of algae, and the bubbles might force it to become sexual, meaning that the algea will start to try to reproduce, that causes them to give off TONS of nitrites, and it screws up your water chemistry.
See if anyone has Chaetomopha algae, it looks like spaghetti, and that one doesn't go sexual. In salt water aquariums... Getting Sexual is a really BAD thing.

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
chief just has this thing about people filling in their loc. it wouldn't hurt

pretty boy please listen to all the advice given to you. it will save you money, headaches and fish/coral losses.

bergerd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
how would i use the aquaclear as a fuge can you show me(pics) or tell me how to do it.also what does a fuge containes(please be detailed with me).and what is caulerpa and how do bubbles change my tank sexual?i never heard that before

P. Boy,
Before you go wasting a lot of money, I think you really need to read some basic books, internet, or whatever on basic SW reef keeping, be it fish only with live rock (FOWLR) or with coral and inverts also. As you are just starting out, you will find the reading helpful. Also, there are many reefers (420 and aquarium types) in Brooklyn, some of whom will be hapy to show you their tanks and explain things you read about to you. Seeing really helps understanding the reading. The money you save may be your own!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: