deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
under the sea's 125 tank thread(update)

ok all here is my parent's tank thread.as some know i convinced my parents to stop throwing away money on fw fish that just kept dying.i want to thank rich(rstimeout)for the mh lights,jon(scar) for the rocks,i didnt realize that it wasnt as much as it seemed till i put it in the tank lol.anyway its 125 gal 3 175w mh with some upgrades rich made to it.sorry for the bad pics.will be ordering more LR.

Attachments

• HPIM1067.jpg
    HPIM1067.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 177
  • HPIM1068.jpg
    HPIM1068.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
dee you gonna need @ least 75-100 more lbs. you probably got 60lbs from me. Check the vendors for more rock they can probably get you BIG pieces. it is important you don't put any livestock until you have gotten all your rock first.

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
yeah scar your right i estimated what i got from you at about 60lbs i just sent for 40 but i know that that wont be enough,so once i cure that ill see how it turns out.im guessing like you about another 100lbs.oh the tank is far from done,im waiting on a sump and im looking for an overflow box so yes scar once the rest of the rock and sand is added ill start to watch and test for the cycle.

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
What type of livestock are you planning on putting in ? Are you going to maintaining the tank as well?
yes i will be maintaining the tank until i can show my parents how to do everything,its more my mom who deals with the tank and my pops just enjoys looking at it.well i plan on starting them off with some easy softies and lps.she seened alot of pics that members have in there gallery and fell in love with the different acons,blastos,zoos oh and some sps.im not advanced in the sps field,though i study the threads daily,it wont be until im successful with them in my own tank before i introduce them to my parents.im waiting on the skimmer wich will be the ASM-G1x

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
its more my mom who deals with the tank and my pops just enjoys looking at it.well i plan on starting them off with some easy softies and lps.she seened alot of pics that members have in there gallery and fell in love with the different acons,blastos,zoos oh and some sps.

its only natural that your mom fell in love w/ the pics of corals. it's like a garden underwater or 'under the sea', no pun intended.

deelucky said:
there is about 8" between the water and bulbs,they dont like the hood at all so ill soon be reaching out to get a custom hood

dee LMK if you need help w/ the canopy we can go buy lumber and put one together. don't waste a lot of dough

deelucky

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
under the sea'125 tank thread update

ok here is an update on the tank added more sand (thats why its so cloudy,and added the rest of some LR.so the cycle has started.as far as under the hood there is nothing there as of yet,though i have the skimmer and return pump i have yet to find a nice sump and overflow box.sorry pic came off camera phone.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: