ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Sup peoples. ...figured i start a tank thread, there are many people that helped me with advice and knowledge....so thanx to all.
I will start with an equipment list with pics to follow.

Coralife 29gallon biocube stock lighting
Coralife tank stand
Coralife timer power strip
Coralife skimmer
Koralia flow head
Tunze nano ATO
Fish street 3 pump doser
cobalt heater
Digital thermometer
34lbs of live rock
2lbs of rock rubble
20lbs of live sand

Livestock and corals so far:
ocelaris clown
Purple fire fish
Blue green chromis
3 nasi snails
3 turbo snails
4 dwarf cerith
1 cleaner shrimp
6 hermits
Bi color hammer
Torch
Rainbow acan
Red acan lord
Manhattan project acan
Blue orgasm zoa
Gsp
Flaming sun zoa
Miami hurricane chalice
Cherry bomb polyp
Mushroom (discosoma)
All corals started as small frags

My current chemistry
Ammonia. 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 30
Phosphate 0
Ph 8.4
Cal 430
Alk 10
Mag 1360
Sg 1.024
Temp 76-77
Pics of current progress to follow

Last edited:

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Tank 2 months later....
Fishies are all sleeping...lol...just picked up the doser...gonna hook it up this weekend, but im not gonna run it for 2 weeks as im loggin my numbers to dial in my doses...gonna dose 2 part(alk, cal) and mag...
Plus manual dose strontium and iodine once a month...im runnin the skimmer in the first compartment, into the rock rubble, into a large sponge, into carbon then phosban into the last compartment with another sponge. The ATO sensor is in the last compartment with the heater and return pump...the ato hose dumps ro/di into the middle chamber the doser will dump into the return pump chamber.

DEL

reef guy in jc
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
isnt it crazy how you think you have so much room, then you put the rocks in and all the room disappears?? hahaha. following along since im building my 34g which is around the same boat as you.

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thinking about changing my aquascape...maybe getting rid of the cave and moving the rocks over to the right corner...opening up the left side of the tank, maybe for a anemone or something. Any advice or ideas would be welcome

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Just hooked up my doser...installed a shelf...leveled it and plumbed everything out...just waiting for my in tank hose holder to finish the job...not gonna run it until i finish with my dosing log, still trying to figure it the numbers.

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So.........i did change my scape....added a few corals as well...2 nice monti frags(white with purple rim and all orange) and a beautiful white and pink spaghetti leather frag...so here it is...let me know what u think.

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So i just ordered the steves led lighting upgrade for my biocube....gonna be here weds...can't wait...got the controller with it...14k super full spectrum...gonna put my jebao wave pump with controller in today as well...
I'll add some pics later on in the week...

ReefMadman

Evil Jedi Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
So.......i have made a few upgrades....lol.....
I retrofit the steves LEDS 14k super full spectrum extreme sps lighting kit with controller into the hood and i took out the koralia 240 pump(wasnt moving enough water) and put the jebao rw4 with wave controller.
The new pump kicks had to lower it down to 50%.

Attachments

• 20150922_212106.jpg
    20150922_212106.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 279

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: