Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got 2 weeks to sit and plan the move within a 3 day period... figure out my apex system.. Figure out what magnets to use to hold my panels or maybe get in contact with someone who is really good with cabinet work... Hear a lot about Tony... If anyone can point me towards his direction would be greatly appreciated..

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I got my 3 day todo list to plan out the move of this tank. Will be starting on Sunday and hope to finish and have the tank up and running weds.. Wish me luck.. Also if anyone knows what switch to use to signal my cabinet lights on with my apex please let me know.. I have a refrigerator switch I was thinking of ordering from Amazon but don't know if it's the wisest choice

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started the swap today took loads of photos and videos... Lots of work.. Taking 3 days to do the swap.. I'm doing it by myself and I want everything done right..

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is up and running finally ..now to start doing my rock work how I want it and eliminate a few big pieces of coral so I can start on a even canvas... Tank is super quiet... To the point that I might get rid of my 2 mp40wes and one new one in the box bc it's the loudest part of the tank ( besides the pump to my ATO )

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
493d0d1e409376dfc6827024b51133b7.jpg
8cb18be1bdf918f75f2cd920d62d7e89.jpg
4218fe0dffbc73685560298d38cc68ad.jpg
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/
15/11/19/343a3ac95cbcd097caa2bb6f52587060.jpg

Just an update on what's going on... Need to aquascape and figure out how to program this apex.. Work in progress

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20a3321edade078bff10d9a7dca2ec6d.jpg
d81c1d3a88225443fa41e5fdcbf4abc6.jpg
792b6fff3d18ebf782b14e198ce446d4.jpg
c9b46ec78e70f7c972c1423515a97707.jpg

Ok I worked on it a lil more still have a lot to go with the rock work bc I'm still figuring it out and I have a lot to cut and glue once I find the ideal location but this what will have to be done for now.. Sump is filled pieces I plan on giving away as well.. #goodstartforsomeone

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested in maybe adding a nano tank to this system for a planted fuge... Maybe have some mangroves and a few pieces of macro algae.. Something pretty but functional to help with nitrates and add more water volume.. Any suggestions or ideas of how to plumb it to my system... I could use a few ideas

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a foot print of 24x16 to work with possibly if I choose to use the dresser on the right of the tank for a stand.. Up to 15 inches high to be leveled to the bottom of my tank floor so I might go lower like 12"s bc I m scared of the light bleeding into my tank.. I could do 15 " and use this led strip for the tank that I'm using on this 10 gallon holding my cheato but I'm still trying to map it out.. Trying to avoid the custom tank if I could

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I have an idea on how I'm gonna plumb it into my system... I have a CPR 102 overflow and have incorporated a herbie style into it so it's dead silent..so it has two 1" outputs and one is tuned with the gate valve which is my main overflow the other is my emergency.. I'm going to plumb the emergency into the new tank.. Then via a overflow from the new tank I'm going to plumb it back into my sump.. Everything is already to the right of the tank already so itll work out in theory.. Now to source a tank and figure out the overflow option.. I say this new tank can always be incorporated in my next build so it might be beneficial in the future and might be worth going quality the first time.. Depending on how much quality cost.. Lol there goes a plan with a lil thought in the future...

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a problem with my salinity... I calibrated my refractometer to my Rodi water and zeroed it out...not the correct way with salt water I just learned. You need 53.0 ms fluid to get the correct baseline.. Just an FYI for those who did it like myself with Rodi water.. There are also a few types but you want to get are the ones designed for salt water not fresh water or anything else.. Hope that helped

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: