cooksalot

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My tank thread - 24G AquaPod

i think i'm happy with this setup...who knows lol. there are a few caves and there is room in the back where fishies can swim into the bottom opening and up behind the rock and back out the top. lmk what you think and if you have any suggestions!

after wanting a SW tank for 11 years, i am so excited to finally be doing this!

oh, and don't worry, the tank isn't crooked, the photographer is :P

Last edited:

cooksalot

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I like the shape also, reminiscent of a mountain.

it reminds me of what the great aquarist Takashi Amano does with his tanks, taking inspiration from large shapes in nature.

cooksalot

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
thanks so much for all the compliments...i am really happy how it turned out. i had only "scaped" my FW tank before this, so it was all new to me (love that one too, but pirate stuff and gravel is different than LR :)).

anyway, here are today's tests...any input? words of wisdom? LR has been in since sunday, and came directly out of established tank. generally does the ammonia spike around day 3?

pH - 7.8
nitrite - 0
ammonia - looks like zero...opinions...yesterday it was .50
nitrate - 10

everything is the same as yesterday except the ammonia.
IMG_7920.jpg

cooksalot

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
quick question..one of the mods seemed to have moved this thread out of the beginner section and into the tank threads. did i do something wrong? or is the beginner's section more for just question and answers? sorry to sound clueless...new to these boards.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: