Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hello to all @ M-R. as you can see i am new in here, i have been skimming throu a lot of topics on M-R since November 2015 and have learned so much from everyone here. here is my tank and so far so good. I have been doing all of my weekly water changes, weekly water parameters check and everything is on point as of now.

She got wet Nov 9th 2015 (thats what she said lol)

Tank: IM Nuvo 20g

Stand: Custom Made

Skimmer: Boyu WG-308 Aquarium Internal Hang On Protein Skimmer to IM Ghost Skimmer

Reactor: IM Minimax AOI media reactor. (running DrTim's Aquatics 801 NP-Active Pearls )

ATO: Smart ATO Micro from Aquasmart (2 weeks old)

Filtration: 2 custom caddies from InTank. Filter Floss/Chemi pure blue/ Purigen

Lighting:Nanobox Duo M

Flow: 2x IM Auqa Gadget Universal spin stream nozzle/ Hydor Koralia Evolution 600 (will be upgrading the Hydor Someday)

3 weeks in
20151214_144503_HDR.jpg

1 month in
20151222_180914_HDR.jpg

2 month mark
20160105_161440.jpg

current
cameringo_20160212_160300.jpg

Last edited:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
nice work so far. How long do you have ur lights on for? And how often to do you feed? Seems like you have a bit of an algae issue. Also keep an eye on that anem as it seems to be moving around, it can get caught on the powerhead and kill everything in that tank... You might want to rethink dosing anything in your tank, tanks this small really don't need any dosing. Unless the tank is heavily packed with coral then i would dose. I don't dose at all and my corals are over growing and I've trimmed twice this yeah. i don't even have a skiller.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Welcome to MR! Welcome to the hobby!
PS- the only thing I can guarantee you is that you will leave your RO running and forget about it and cause a flood,,everything else is research like you do and trial and error lol

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
nice work so far. How long do you have ur lights on for? And how often to do you feed? Seems like you have a bit of an algae issue. Also keep an eye on that anem as it seems to be moving around, it can get caught on the powerhead and kill everything in that tank... You might want to rethink dosing anything in your tank, tanks this small really don't need any dosing. Unless the tank is heavily packed with coral then i would dose. I don't dose at all and my corals are over growing and I've trimmed twice this yeah. i don't even have a skiller.

you can see that by the way the pictures are put, is by the time ive had the tank, i had a cyano bloom, just part of the cycle. as you can see in the last picture, that is my current state with the tank. no algae.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0

one more thing is i dont dose anything in my tank. i do weekly water changes. 5 gallon is the max. i also use RODI water. and about the anem it kinda respects the powerhead lol

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Welcome to MR! Welcome to the hobby!
PS- the only thing I can guarantee you is that you will leave your RO running and forget about it and cause a flood,,everything else is research like you do and trial and error lol

what do you mean by this? i have a 10 gallon jug with RO water that i have connected to the ATO. No problems yet on over flow.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
i am not understanding? ill see what? i mean the purpose of an ATO is so it can do it on its own. btw i have the smart ato and i clean the blue light sensor every week.

Its a common thing that happens, at some point or another everybody has fallen asleep, watched a movie, gone out etc and left their RO/Di unit running. Its not the ATO, that thing was a great purchase on your part.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just checked your OP,,I actually don't see a RO/DI unit listed,,how do you get your water?

RODI, i use my bathroom sink and have an adapter that connects to my sink, i also have a 5 gallon jug i put inside the tub and it fills up. i always make sure i fill my water in the mornings on my days off. (sorry i haven't listed all my equipment yet.)

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
RODI, i use my bathroom sink and have an adapter that connects to my sink, i also have a 5 gallon jug i put inside the tub and it fills up. i always make sure i fill my water in the mornings on my days off. (sorry i haven't listed all my equipment yet.)

Cool! Your lucky I see you're in NYC, the land of the best drinking water and lowest TDI readings in the entire state,,your filters should last you a long time.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: