Manhattan Reefs
 

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR


Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2019, 07:48 AM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,429
Reefer Ratings: (93 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juano908 View Post
Uffffff!!!!!
Glad nothing bad happened, I got new rocks and I’ve been thinking about redoing my rockscape and go bare bottom but that is one of the things that is giving me headaches thinking what about if a rock falls and brakes the bottom glass.
I’m don’t know of a really good epoxy to attach the rocks together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Juan, I wouldn’t freak out too much man. With some good epoxy and glue you can really do it. What I would recommend is buying some of the Marco rock on eBay that has the flat bottoms and tops and stacks up. Create your own piece that way it can stack up nicely with no chance of falling over. Here is an example of it.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:47 AM
Senior Member
vincent naval's Avatar
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sunnyside,Queens
Posts: 858
Reefer Ratings: (72 (100%)
Friends: (31)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy96 View Post
Funny you say that because we used that for my buddies tank Luis in Astoria a few weeks ago and there no way that I don’t use that when I move back to NY. BTW,
Surprise surprise but I’m going to be your Nieghbhor again Vincent ha. We are moving back to Astoria or UES so you get to watch my tank along with Vio’s when we travel ha.. I’ll watch your tank but you might be missing one fish when you get back. Here is the video laying down the ABC board in my buddies tank.

https://youtu.be/_AZFV7p-hMI


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds good that you are moving back here again in nyc, Just make sure you locked your tank when I visit your place because I know all your high end collections.... lol!
Also when I travel and you watch my tank, I’m gonna put a tracking device in her belly!... hahahahaha!
Attached Thumbnails
 

Last edited by vincent naval; 05-16-2019 at 08:51 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:41 PM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,429
Reefer Ratings: (93 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent naval View Post
Sounds good that you are moving back here again in nyc, Just make sure you locked your tank when I visit your place because I know all your high end collections.... lol!
Also when I travel and you watch my tank, I’m gonna put a tracking device in her belly!... hahahahaha!
She is a beauti. That is probably the last add-on after I get back from Vacation. Or I might just wait until I move back.

Here is a quick video I just put together of the tank after I added that Rock in the middle there.

https://youtu.be/x3odwTXXAko
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:01 PM
Senior Member
Juano908's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey
Posts: 677
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy96 View Post
Juan, I wouldn’t freak out too much man. With some good epoxy and glue you can really do it. What I would recommend is buying some of the Marco rock on eBay that has the flat bottoms and tops and stacks up. Create your own piece that way it can stack up nicely with no chance of falling over. Here is an example of it.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Good Idea, I just saw your video about the rocks you put on the middle of your tank and it looks very nice. What did you use to glue them?
Thanks in advance


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:51 PM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,429
Reefer Ratings: (93 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juano908 View Post
Good Idea, I just saw your video about the rocks you put on the middle of your tank and it looks very nice. What did you use to glue them?
Thanks in advance


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I actually bought that whole structure already glued and in tact. I was wondering what kind of glue has a really hard gold.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:06 PM
Senior Member
Juano908's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey
Posts: 677
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy96 View Post
I actually bought that whole structure already glued and in tact. I was wondering what kind of glue has a really hard gold.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Oh, nice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:30 PM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,429
Reefer Ratings: (93 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juano908 View Post
Oh, nice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hey Juan here is a video I was watching the other day but I’m not sure if the clear gorilla glue is actually safe? Check it out though...

https://youtu.be/QMKur8J_h04




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:56 PM
Senior Member
Juano908's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey
Posts: 677
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy96 View Post
Hey Juan here is a video I was watching the other day but I’m not sure if the clear gorilla glue is actually safe? Check it out though...

https://youtu.be/QMKur8J_h04




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I’ve seen that video before, thanks a lot anyway bud.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:33 PM
Thatguy96
Thatguy96's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NYC/Stamford/West Chester
Posts: 2,429
Reefer Ratings: (93 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
My wife took this awesome shot this week and I couldn’t be prouder





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Follow me on Instagram: "Stourysreef"
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 06:40 PM
Senior Member
vincent naval's Avatar
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Sunnyside,Queens
Posts: 858
Reefer Ratings: (72 (100%)
Friends: (31)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy96 View Post
My wife took this awesome shot this week and I couldn’t be prouder





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s because you are away! She just want to make sure you don’t look for another anemone to bring home lol! Lol!
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes