Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2017, 12:44 AM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
NO please...........................................: (
Old 12-27-2017, 10:22 PM
Thatguy96
Reefer Ratings: (93 (100%)
Friends: (35)
Send a Private Message
Hey guys so here is a quick update of the progress! First of all, I wanted to thank everyone who offered up some frags I really do appreciate it and it's nice to have such an awesome community willing to help out when **** hits that fan for a local reefer. A couple of positives from this experience is that I was able to totally redo my aquascape and get a lot more room in the tank. It created way better areas for water flow, depth and I have a lot more room for CORALS ha ha!

More pics to come on progress in the up coming weeks. I will also post this on my tank thread because I want to keep the progress going there too.
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by Thatguy96; 01-05-2018 at 03:25 PM..
Old 12-29-2017, 12:35 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
good luck moving is always stressful. when i did it had a new tank set up and running then just moved fish and corals in buckets and rubber maid tubs lost some but kept most went from 120 to 220 so all worked out ok GOOD LUCK
Old 01-05-2018, 03:24 PM
Thatguy96
Send a Private Message
Video update on the tank 3 weeks after the move!

Hi everyone, here is a quick update on the tank progress and where it stands now. It was literally three weeks from today where I moved and pretty much lost all of my corals. I wanted to give a special shout to a few awesome MR members that went out of their way to get me back up and running. Check out the video and please use this as a learning listen you don't want to experience hopefully some motivation for folks that are trying to get back in the hobby! Happy New Years everyone!

https://youtu.be/ttreudRorkw
Old 01-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Reefer Ratings: (37 (100%)
Friends: (12)
Send a Private Message
So awesome man!! I'm happy to hear that people stepped up and helped you out the way they did. I would have if I had SPS but I don't lol. tank is looking stellar. keep it up
Old 01-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Reefer Ratings: (72 (100%)
Friends: (31)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy96 View Post
Hey guys so here is a quick update of the progress! First of all, I wanted to thank everyone who offered up some frags I really do appreciate it and it's nice to have such an awesome community willing to help out when **** hits that fan for a local reefer. A couple of positives from this experience is that I was able to totally redo my aquascape and get a lot more room in the tank. It created way better areas for water flow, depth and I have a lot more room for CORALS ha ha!

More pics to come on progress in the up coming weeks. I will also post this on my tank thread because I want to keep the progress going there too.
Hey bud, I liked your new rock work.
If ever you come in my area let me know I have some frags for you.
Goodluck!
Old 01-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Thatguy96
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef lover24 View Post
So awesome man!! I'm happy to hear that people stepped up and helped you out the way they did. I would have if I had SPS but I don't lol. tank is looking stellar. keep it up
Just the kind words are more than enough bro. I appreciate it! I just want to let people know that you can always come back from disaster, I fortunate enough to have some awesome reefers that wanted to give me a bit of a heads start.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Thatguy96
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent naval View Post
Hey bud, I liked your new rock work.
If ever you come in my area let me know I have some frags for you.
Goodluck!
Thanks Vincent! For anyone interested to know how I got that large pile of rock work which will essentially NEVER fall over when doing work on the tank, I want to let you know that I used white fiber glass makers from home depot. They go for about $2 each and I only used 2 for the 220. Do not buy the orange kind because I they use some kind of extra protective material you do not want in your tank. My Blonde Naso is massive and one of the positives if this disaster was redoing my rock and making a lot more swimming room for him and creating space for corals to grow because that be came an issue during my last setup.

So all I did was drill a 1/4 inch whole (or find one) through the rock setup and because the fiber glass stick has some give it's great because you can create that overarching reef cliff. Here is a picture of it. Any questions, let me know!!
Attached Thumbnails

Old 01-14-2018, 04:00 PM
vio
Reefer Ratings: (77 (99%)
Friends: (62)
Send a Private Message
I am sure, u will be OK , even better
Old 08-20-2018, 11:36 PM
Thatguy96
Send a Private Message
It’s been awhile since I posted any updates but I’m putting together a short YouTube video I promise to share very soon. It’s going to be the Tank 8 month update since the tank crash after I moved to Stamford. Here are a few photos though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk